Happy Monday everyone! Hope all my American friends had a safe and happy 4th of July! Mine was a lot of fun. My family and I went to the local minor league baseball game and saw fireworks afterwards. Good times.
Added three new books to my GoodReads TBR list this week. Here they are!
- Armada by Ernest Cline – I loved Ready Player One so much, I am looking forward to reading Cline’s next novel, coming out this month.
- Anathema by Megg Jensen – Got this one for free off of BookBub. Gotta love free stuff! First book in a trilogy.
- ’89 Walls by Katie Pierson – This author did a guest post over at Chuck Wendig’s blog, which I love. I really liked her post, and her book sounded interesting.
Did you find any new books this week? Let me know in comments!
Found several good books this past week, even adding some to my already overstuffed bookshelves. Here are the titles that were added to my TBR.
- Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan – I saw this one on a WWW Wednesday post by Sam over at Taking on a World of Words. She gave it a glowing recommendation and I can’t wait to read her full review when she gets it up.
- The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton – This one I came across during a weekend trip to Barnes & Noble. I like walking through a bookstore, finding a book that I’ve never heard of that just sounds interesting, and getting it no questions asked. I’ve never heard of this author either, so it will be something completely new to discover.
- Hold Me Closer: the Tiny Cooper Story by David Levithan – This book is a companion to Will Grayson Will Grayson by David Levithan and John Green, which I loved. I saw this one at B&N too and had to get it.
- The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson – I saw this book reviewed over at Such a Novel Idea. It looks fantastic and I loved their review. I also think I’ve found a new website to enjoy.
Have you found any new books this week? Let me know in comments!
Happy Monday everyone! Not sure if I’m ready for a new week, but you know what makes me happy? Finding new books! These are titles that have been added to my To-Be-Read list on GoodReads last week.
- My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga – I found out about this book two different ways. First, we discussed it over at the Bibliophiles Anonymous podcast as a new book coming out this year. I had almost forgotten about it until I saw a review over at Chrissi Reads. You can read her review here. This book tackles a really tough issue (suicide), but when has that stopped me before?
- The Girls at the Kingfisher Club by Genevieve Valentine – I found out about this book from Sam over at Taking on a World of Words. You can read her review here. There are several things that drew me to this book. One: it’s a modern fairy tale retelling. Two: it takes place in the Roaring Twenties. Three: it takes place in New York City. What’s not to like?
On a quick side note, WordPress tells me that this is my 400th post! That’s pretty cool!
Found any good books lately? Let me know about them in comments!