Added to GoodReads is a weekly feature where I share books that I have found over the last week and the bloggers who have pointed me in their direction.
- Pachinko by Min Jin Lee – I heard of this one from this review by Gunjan at Bookworm Reads. I’ve been trying to find more diverse reads and this one sounds really interesting. I love learning about different cultures, but I also tend to usually stick with what’s familiar. I’m trying to get better about that.
- The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton – I have to admit, I grabbed this one just because I liked the title. I also liked this review by Charlotte at Mug Full of Books.
- The Storm Crow by Kalyn Josephson – This book is more of the fantasy stuff I usually read, but it’s an author I’ve never heard of before. I like new authors! I also like this review by Stephanie at Between Folded Pages.
- Damaged by Becca Vincenza – I found this one not through another book blogger, but from BookBub, which I also love. If the author’s name sounds familiar, it’s because she was just featured on a blog tour stop here for her book Art of Death! So when another one of her books showed up for free on BookBub, I had to get it!
Those are my new finds this week. Have you found anything new that you’d like to share?
Hello and Happy Monday, everyone! Added to GoodReads is a weekly feature where I share some of the new books that I have found over the past week and also highlight some of the wonderful book bloggers in the community who have written about them.
- Allusion by Andi Hydahl – This book was not found through a blog, but found through a wonderful service called BookBub. Haven’t heard of BookBub? Do yourself a favor and check them out. Every day they will send you a list of ebooks that are available for incredibly discounted prices or, sometimes, even for free. I have gotten lots of free books this way. And this isn’t a paid advertisement or anything like that – I just really like them. 🙂
- The Shadow Writer by Eliza Maxwell – I found this book through this review by Jennifer at The Tarheel Reader during their blog tour. I like this because it’s a story about a writer, which I always find interesting, but it’s also more of a mystery/thriller, which I don’t read enough of. It would get me out of my comfort zone, which I desperately need to do.
- Monsters by Gareth S. Young – I found this book through this post by Laura at FUOnlyKnew for her “Books From The Backlog” feature. This book is another that is very different from what I usually read, so I am looking forward to seeing what it’s all about.
That’s it for this week! Have you found any new books lately and want to share? Let me know in comments!
Added to GoodReads is a weekly feature where I share the books I’ve added to my TBR last week, as well as the wonderful book bloggers who review them. I’ve been trying to do better about keeping up with all the blogs I follow and I think I did better last week than I have in a while. So yay!
- Serenade by Heather McKenzie – This first one was not found around the blogosphere, but rather, I got a free ebook copy of this through BookBub. It’s the first book of the Nightmusic trilogy and sounds really good.
- Crown of Feathers by Nicki Pau Preto – This YA fantasy is a debut for a brand new author, so that’s fun! It just came out back in February. Check out this review by Claire at Nerds Like Me – it sounds really good!
- How It Feels to Float by Helena Fox – This YA contemporary novel comes out next month and just went on a blog tour. Sounds like it is also tackling a lot of very serious issues, so good for them. Check out this glowing review by Mari at Musings of a Book Girl – she loved it!
- A Knight in Distress by Barbara Russell – I love a good story about the knights of Camelot, but this series seems to turn everything on it’s head with a steampunk twist? This is the first book in the New Camelot series but you can hear about it, the new prequel, and the new second book, over at this blog tour post by Stefanie at The Magic of Wor(l)ds.
That’s it for this week, folks. If you have any books that you’d like to share, or any reviews you’ve seen that are amazing, please be sure to leave them in comments!
Added to GoodReads is a weekly feature where I discuss and share some of the new books that have been added to my TBR, as well as the awesome book bloggers who have shared their thoughts and reviews.
I’m still catching up on a lot of blog following, but I’m getting there!
- Alice by J.M. Sullivan – I didn’t see this one on the blogosphere, but got it for free from BookBub. An Alice in Wonderland retelling set in a dystopian world with zombies? Could be fun.
- The Thing About Jellyfish by Ali Benjamin – Another one that I did not get from the blogs, but from my husband. The author is on the alumni page for his alma mater (Grinnell College), so he’s sort of friends with her. I don’t know much about it, but it sounds pretty good from the description.
- A Very Large Expanse Of Sea by Tahereh Mafi – I haven’t read any of Tahereh Mafi’s books, although I’ve seen her at YallFest several times and her Shatter Me series is on my TBR. According to this review from Chrissi Reads, I need to also check out her contemporary work as well.
- Branded by Abi Ketner & Missy Kalicicki – I love finding books and authors that I had never heard of before, which is the case with this one, courtesy of this great review by Michelle at First Book Love.
- The Pale Ones by Bartholomew Bennett – Another author and book that is completely new to me, although this appears to be a shorter length, maybe more of a novella. Check out this blog tour post by Jules at One More Word.
That will do it for this week’s post! If you have any recommendations or have seen any wonderful reviews that you would like to share as well, please leave them in comments!
Added to GoodReads is a weekly feature where I talk about the new books I have discovered and highlight some of the wonderful bloggers who have shared them. Unfortunately, due to some of the issues I was having last week, I haven’t been keeping up with reading other blogs as much as I want to. I still love all of you! I promise! Real life is just getting in my way.
Instead, I wanted to share some of the books that I have found from other sources or other recommendations. As things settle down a bit, I am hoping to get back to checking in more regularly.
- The Bone Charmer by Breeana Shields – I was lucky enough to get approved for a book tour on this one. It’s coming out next month. A YA fantasy, which you know I really enjoy.
- Romanov by Nadine Brandes – This is one that I asked to review for NetGalley, but unfortunately, I was turned down. Still, this one looks really good, sort of a fantasy retelling of the story of Anastasia. And I do love that movie, so I have high hopes.
- Her Crown of Fire by Renee April – I was lucky enough to get to participate in the cover reveal for this one, which you can see here in case you missed it. The cover is really, really pretty, although we have to wait until November to read this one.
- The Circle: Taken by Sage Sask – This one I do get to review for Rockstar Book Tours, so I am excited about that. Looks like it’s a YA dystopian sort of thing, which is super fun. Look for that review later this month.
- Becoming the Witch by J.M. Davies – Another review copy that I got, this time courtesy of Xpresso Book Tours. This looks to be a prequel to the Rise of Orion series, which I know nothing about except that it’s a paranormal romance series. This review will be up sometime in June, although I’m not sure when.
I think that’s it as far as new books. Again, I’m sorry that I’m not doing a normal AtG post today – you all know how much I love to give shout outs to my fellow book bloggers – but hopefully next week will be back to normal. Or at least what passes for normal around here!
Happy Monday and Happy April! Added to Goodreads is a weekly feature where I highlight the books that I found out about the previous week and the bloggers and websites where I found them.
I’ve also gotten two new ebooks from BookBub. If you haven’t heard of BookBub before, be sure to check it out. It will change your life.
If you’ve found some really good books or read some good reviews this past week, please let me know! I love to find new stuff!
Hello friends and Happy Monday!
Added to GoodReads is a weekly feature where I tell you about the books I have added to my never ending GoodReads TBR and the bloggers who recommended them.
Please let me know if you have added any new books to your TBR last week, or if you read an amazing review and want to share it! Also, it appears that over the weekend, I managed to hit 400 followers! Wow! I never expected this blogging thing to go so well! Thanks you guys!