Ugh. Last week was just a crazy week, y’all. First, my daughter was having some issues at school that I needed to take care of. Then, she caught the flu, followed by my husband catching it as well. Keeping my fingers crossed that I don’t get it, but it may be a lost cause at this point. I guess we’ll see. Pile all of that on top of the anniversary of losing my dad and a holiday that I really don’t like, and you can imagine – I’m a bit of a mess right now!
Because of this, I have not been keeping up with what other people are reading (and I’m barely reading myself, ggrrrrrr!), but I did want to share at least a few books that I found. Let me know if you’ve checked them out.
- A Danger to Herself and Others by Alyssa Sheinmel – This book was glowingly recommended by Jenaca at JenacideByBibliophile. You can read her review here.
- The Wicked King by Holly Black – Honestly, this one would be on my radar anyway because I love Holly Black, but you should also read this really great review over at Silver Button Books.
- Archangel’s Prophecy by Nalini Singh – I was hesitant to share this one, as it is the 11th book in a series, but after looking up this series, I am so surprised I hadn’t heard of it before! You can check out this review of the 11th book, brought to you by Beckireads at The Flutterby Room, as it appears to be spoiler free if you haven’t read the rest of the books. I am actually adding book #1, Angel’s Blood, to my list right now!
I’m sure there are other fabulous reviews out there, so please let me know if you saw one that you would like to share in comments below. I will hopefully be able to keep up with everyone better this week.
Happy Monday, everyone! Welcome to my list of books added to my GoodReads list last week.
- The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides – I’ve seen several people talking about this book, but Cleo at Cleopatra Loves Books shared a preview of this one.
- Enchanteé by Gita Trelease – Check out this review posted by Alison at Alison in Bookland.
- The Crimson Petal and the White by Michael Faber – Not only did she post a great review, but Beth at Bibliobeth said this one was one of her all-time favorites.
- The Psychology of Time Travel by Kate Mascarenhas – I’ve seen this one around a few places (and love the cover art), but also really loved this review posted by Yvo at It’s All About Books.
One more book got added to my GoodReads this week: another ARC from NetGalley! Coming in April 2019, I will be reviewing The Raven’s Tale by Cat Winters!
Got any books to recommend? Want to share your reviews? Let me know!
Happy Monday and welcome to another Added to GoodReads post! This is where I go through my GoodReads and share new books that I found over the past week, as well as highlight my fellow book bloggers who brought them to my attention.
To be completely honest, last week was a bit of an emotional roller coaster for me, so I didn’t get to follow as many of you as I would like. I might go into further detail over at My Crooked Little Path a bit later. Here’s to hoping that this week will be better.
- Summer of Salt by Katrina Leno – I saw this one featured in a lovely review by Bex at Bexnbookx.
- The Winter Sister by Megan Collins – I saw this one featured in a review by Jennifer at Tar Heel Reader (who I’m guessing, by the blog name, is a fellow North Carolina girl).
In addition to those, I got two more ARCs from NetGalley!
- The Wrythe and the Reckoning by Yvonthia Leland – This book is coming out April 5th from ReverieArdent Publishing.
- Ever Alice by H.J. Ramsay – This one is coming out August 1st (have to wait a bit on this one) from Red Rogue Press.
Have you found any new books in the past week? Let me know!
Happy Monday! I started this particular feature several years ago and have done it off and on since. Basically, it is a chance to highlight some books that I have been adding to my GoodReads list over the last week (or in this case, the last few days) from comments and reviews throughout the book blogger community.
- The Devouring Gray by Christine Lynn Herman – This book was featured by Rants and Raves of a Bibliophile for their “Waiting on Wednesday” post. It is set for release in April 2019.
- Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson – Another “Waiting on Wednesday” feature, this time from The Perks of Being Noura. I have seen it on a few other blogs as well. It is set for release in June 2019.
- The Night Diary by Veera Hiranandani – This was featured in a very lovely review over at Silver Button Books. This book is already out there, so check it out!
- The Flower Girls by Alice Clark-Platts and Need To Know by Karen Cleveland – Both of these were features on a “WWW Wednesday” post at The Secret Library. I have also seen The Flower Girls shared on many other blogs as well. It was just released last week – Happy Book Birthday! Need To Know is already out as well.
- Will Haunt You by Brian Kirk – This book was reviewed by Laura at FUOnlyKnew. While she only gave it 3 stars, it still sounds very intriguing in a twisted, bizarre way, so I think I will eventually give it a go. It is set for release in March 2019.
- Louis & Louise by Julie Cohen – This book was given a glowing review by Beth at Bibliobeth. Very thought provoking. GoodReads has this listed as published in 2019, but no firm date, so I’m not sure if it’s out yet or not. If it isn’t yet, it should be soon.
Thank you to these lovelies for sharing their reviews and commentary. Have you read any of these books? Anything else you would like to recommend? Be sure to leave them in comments!
Greetings, friends! Hope everyone up here in the northern hemisphere is doing their best to keep warm. It has been VERY cold where I’m at. Let’s just say the space heater under my desk is working overtime. No snow, thankfully, just lots and lots of COLD.
I’m not a fan.
So, since I am trying to stay inside as much as possible, it gives me a chance to look for new books to add to my ever burgeoning To-Be-Read list over at GoodReads. Here are some that I’ve found this past week:
- The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin – I saw this one in a local bookstore newsletter as one of their recommended picks. I don’t always immediately add those to my list, but when I saw the beautiful cover and read the very interesting blurb, I couldn’t help it. What would you do if you knew the exact moment of your death? This book asks that question and, for four characters, we find out.
- Fire in Frost by Alicia Rades – This is one of two books that I got for free through BookBub (and if you haven’t heard of BookBub, you need to go check them out right now, do not pass GO, do not collect $200). A high school girl realizes she can see ghosts, which leads her to learn a bunch of secrets that maybe she shouldn’t know. The first of a series, this book sounds a bit creepy and exciting. Can’t wait to check it out.
- A Throne for Sisters by Morgan Rice – The other BookBub book I picked up is also the first book of a series. Two sisters, orphans, desperate to find a better life, possessing the power to read other’s minds. It’s a YA fantasy that looks like it could have a lot of twists and turns, which is always fun.
Any new reads keeping you warm this winter? If you recommend them, leave them in comments!
Happy Monday everyone! Here are the latest books that I have added to my never ending GoodReads TBR list, whether new purchases or just books that have been recommended by the book blogging community.
- An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir – This one had been on my radar for a while. I have seen the author at previous YALLFest panels and she is a very interesting and engaging person. I bought a copy of the book while at YALLFest this year, so now there’s no excuse not to read it, especially since there is a second book that came out last year, and a third book expected next year.
- Want by Cindy Pon – This is another book that I picked up at YALLFest. I always like finding a book and an author that I know nothing about. It’s always a nice surprise. I liked the cover of this one. It sounds like a futuristic dystopian story with an Asian setting, which should be fun. It sounds different from what I usually read.
- Flawed by Cecelia Ahern – This book was listed on a WWW list last week by Priyasha at Books and Co. She said this series was one of her favorite reads from 2017, which is a pretty good recommendation, don’t you think?
- The Paper Magician by Charlie N. Holmberg – This book had been recommended to me first by a co-worker some time ago, then by my former podcast co-host. So you can imagine how pleased I was to find this book on sale through BookBub last week. (By the way, if you’ve never heard of BookBub, check it out. You can thank me later.)
Have you discovered any new books this week? If so, let me know in comments!
Happy Monday everyone and welcome to a brand new week! I decided that on most Mondays, I will be reviving an old post I used to do called “Added to GoodReads.” In this post, I will share the books that I’ve added to my TBR on GoodReads the past week. It’s also fun because I can give shout-outs to some of the other book bloggers that I follow.
So here’s what I’ve found this week:
That’s what I’ve added to my GoodReads this week? Did you find any good new books? Let me know in comments!