Added to GoodReads is a weekly feature where I share some of the new books that I’ve heard about and some of the wonderful book bloggers who have shared them.
- The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon – Looking for a fun book club read-along? Check out the Immortal Bibliophiles, run by Noura @ The Perks of Being Noura) and their June pick (details here). I have not read this, but Noura has started it and said it’s really good so far! I also participated in their Potterhead Read Along, which was super fun.
- Bonnie and Stan by Anna Stuart – I’m adding this to my GoodReads to further my quest of finding things outside of my normal reading comfort zone. This book is currently on a blog tour, and you should check out this blog tour stop hosted by Nicki @ The Secret Library. She really enjoyed this one and recommends it highly.
I have also just been approved for two new books from NetGalley! Yay!
- Winning Westeros: How Game of Thrones Explains Modern Military Conflict edited by Max Brooks, John Amble, M.L. Cavenaugh, Jaym Gates and James Stavridis – Okay, this is definitely not my norm! I am a big fan of Game of Thrones (the books more than the television show), but this is actually taking the battles in that fictitious fantasy setting and delving into the real military strategy behind it. I thought it sounded very interesting.
- The Art of Taxidermy by Sharon Kernot – This one sounds like it could be a non-fiction book, but it’s not. It’s a story about loss and grief and, yes, dead animals. I know that I’ve heard about this somewhere else in the blogosphere, but I couldn’t say where. A few places, I think. So now I have it from NetGalley, which is cool!
One more book to share, this one that I got for free (yay!) from BookBub.
- Descent by Sloane Murphy – This one is more my usual style. The description sounds very urban fantasy meets dystopian fiction, which are both things that I like very much. And hey, it was free!
Anyone else find any good books last week? I’d love to hear about them!