Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted at A Daily Rhythm. Here are the rules if you want to play along:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Miss her a little? God, was she daft? He was going to miss her more than a little. No, he wasn’t. He leaped to his feet and practically ran to the door. He wasn’t going to miss her at all. He was going to find her and bring her home.
– The Girl With the Windup Heart by Kady Cross
This is the fourth and final book in this series (another one complete – yay!). I’ve really enjoyed these and have no idea why it took me this long to read them.
* * * * * * * *
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic:
10 Wishes I’d Ask The Book Genie To Grant Me
Their description: a new book from a certain author, a reading superpower, a library that is your absolutely #librarygoals, a character to come to life, to met a certain author etc. etc.
- Harry Potter Prequel – I know many people want J.K. Rowling to basically dedicate the rest of her life to writing nothing but Harry Potter books (and I know it’s not really realistic to expect her to do so), but my goodness, I want the prequel series so bad! Lots of people want to hear about the founders, or about the next generation of kids, but I want Lily and James’s stories. The Mauraders. Snape. All of it!
- The Night Circus sequel – I don’t even think Erin Morgenstern has this in the works at all, but I really want it. Celia and Marco’s story was wrapped up pretty well, but what happens to Bailey and the Cirque du Reves? What happens to the twins? Why will I probably never know?
- Library E-books – I love my local library, I really do. And they have made some pretty good strides in including e-books to their collections. I have checked out e-books from them a few times, which was pretty awesome. The book downloaded to my Kindle, stayed there for two weeks, and then was automatically returned. If they could expand their e-book collection even further, that would be awesome.
- The Ability to Read in the Car – This might seem like a small thing, but for long road trips, it is torture. I can’t read in a moving car without getting extremely car sick. Like about-to-throw-up-and-or-pass-out sick. It’s not fun. And who deserves to be able to read on a road trip more than me? My husband and my daughter can both do it and I am extremely envious.
- Unlimited Book Buying Power – I always feel slightly guilty when I get a book for free. I want to support authors and allow them to be able to fund their writing careers (how else will I get more books from them?), but I also don’t have a large, unlimited supply of cash to buy books all the time. So here’s what a want – a magic wand that will get me any book I want and make the money appear in the author’s account immediately. The full, hardcover price too – I’m not stingy!
- Bookshelves Like the Tardis – I am very lucky to have an entire room dedicated to my books. My office is one of my favorite rooms in our house, but due to my magpie book gathering tendencies, the bookshelves are getting a little cramped. There really isn’t space to add more shelves, so I need some magic shelves that are bigger on the inside than they appear on the outside. Not sure how to make that work, so I need someone else to get on that.
- To Meet the Vlogbrothers – I have been very lucky to have met some of my favorite authors in person. Maureen Johnson. Stephanie Perkins. Libba Bray. But one favorite author is still on my bucket list, and that is John Green. I first became a fan from watching is YouTube channel, which is why I also want to meet his brother, Hank (who is not an author in the traditional sense, but still writes a lot and does a lot of other awesome stuff). I admire them both so much, so meeting them would be amazing.
- Deadline Magic – Since I follow so many authors and read so many series, it’s hard when you get really invested in characters and stories, and then hear that the next book won’t come out for a year. I don’t know exactly how this super power would work, but I would love to be able to say, “Oh, this book isn’t due out until next July? Let’s just sprinkle some magic fairy dust and . . . . boom! It now comes out this weekend! Whoohoo!”
- Extra Reading Time – I could probably figure out how to do this on my own, but if a genie could help out, that would be great. It’s so easy to get busy and just flat out not have time to read. I hate it. I also hate feeling guilty when I do take up a long period of time reading because there are other things I need to take care of. So yeah, genie. Some extra hours in the day would be nice.
- A Hidden Reading Nook – I’ve seen pictures of these. Some are built into closets. Some are in little window seats. I especially like the ones that are hidden so that I could go hide from the world with my books for a while. Although if I had a hidden reading nook, it wouldn’t stay hidden for long. They would find me.
So there are my teasers and top ten entries for this week. Please leave yours in comments!
Categories: Teaser Tuesday, Top Ten Tuesdays
Good for him. Go get her!
Here’s my TT – http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/10/20/teaser-tuesdays-133-flask-of-the-drunken-master/
He’d better go get her, or I’ll reach through the pages and give him a good smack. 🙂
Yay for finishing a series! Good teaser.
I am woefully behind in finishing series, but I’m slowly making progress!
Your teaser was just that — a good tease — but I love your list of wants. Here’s my TT: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-Yi
Thanks! Loved your teaser as well!
Oh man, I could read in the car until I was about 25, and now I can barely even glance a road sign without feeling ill. I miss it so much!
I’ve never been able to do it, and it’s really annoying. What better way to pass the time during a long road trip? And I CAN’T DO IT!! Grrrr!!! 😉
The book sounds fascinating…I have been curious ever since I first saw the title.
As for your Top Ten…I would love a window seat with curtains you could pull around you…a perfect place to hide.
Thanks for sharing…and here’s mine: “A PLACE WE KNEW WELL”
This has been a really great series, especially if you like steampunk-y sort of things. This was the first steampunk I ever read and I adore it.
And I think we all could use a nice place to hide from the world and read for a bit, even if it’s only for a few minutes. 🙂
I can definitely sympathize with wanting to read in the car. I don’t like listening to audio because I don’t pay attention as well, but I can’t read either due to motion sickness. I would love that to go away! My TTT
It’s so annoying, especially since the rest of my family can read in the car and none of them read as much as I do (although my daughter comes pretty close – I love having a kid who loves reading :)).
I really like the sound of the teaser! I’m glad you are enjoying the series.
Here’s my teaser of Outlander.
It’s been a really good series. I hate that it’s taken me this long to finish it.
Interesting title. I like the writing in your Teaser, and I’d like to know more about this book.
My Tuesday post features In His Arms.
All of her titles are similar. The Girl in the Steel Corset. The Girl in the Clockwork Collar. The Girl With the Iron Touch. All really great steampunk titles. I love when authors do that.
I liked that series too. My YA teaser this week comes from These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly. Happy reading!
It’s really, really good. I love everything about it.
I would take a reading nook, those look always so cosy and nice to read in, but so hard to actually have since so few houses actually have a space where that is possible 🙂
Fantastic list 🙂
My TTT: http://booksbeautifylife.blogspot.de/2015/10/top-10-tuesday-10-wishes-book-should.html
I know. I see where people have transformed closets into these beautiful reading areas and all I can think is that all my closets are packed full of stuff! I’d have nowhere to put any of it! 🙂
Harry Potter Prequel. YES PLEASE!
I KNOW, RIGHT!!
I love the covers of that Kady Cross series. I will buy them some day. With that said, I agree with your wish to support the authors. I enjoy freebies but I would also want to support them. I guess reviewing is one thing, but we can’t read and review them all. Which goes with your other wish for more time to read. Hahaha. I also want more from the Harry Potter world. She really did an amazing job with that series.
They are gorgeous covers. I wish I didn’t have them in ebooks so I could see them all the time.
And yes, MORE HARRY POTTER!! That was on a lot of people’s lists today.
Yeah I saw some people wish for it. Hahaha. Potterheads!
Potter heads for life lol!
Night Circus sequel? Yes, please!
Check out my TTT and my newest weekly post (feel free to join in the fun, if you like).