Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Ambrosia at The Purple Booker. Here are the rules if you want to play along:
- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
- Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
This week’s teaser comes from Heart of the Sun Warrior by Sue Lynn Tan.
“Daughter, you are mortal-born, yet immortality flows in your veins. Your home should be here, yet you live on the moon. You, more than anyone, should have learned that nothing is impossible.”
This book has been just as beautiful a read as the first one was. Love it!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic:
Ten Most Anticipated Books Releasing in the First Half of 2023
I don’t really pay much attention to publication dates and new releases anymore. Ever since I got out of doing blog tours and ARCs, plus having a lot of older books on my TBR that I’m trying to wade through, it’s just not something on my radar. Luckily for me, there is GoodReads. Here are some books coming out this year that I think sound interesting.
- The Stolen Heir by Holly Black – 1/3/23 – This one is already out! I’ve read a few other series by Black and really enjoyed them. This looks like the start of a new duology.
- The Wrong Kind of Weird by James Ramos – 1/3/23 – Another one that is already out! I really liked this title. Maybe I just found it very relatable.
- City of Nightmares by Rebecca Schaeffer – 1/10/23 – This one is out today! I don’t know anything about this book or its author, but it is described as “Gotham meets Strange the Dreamer.” I’m interested!
- How to Sell a Haunted House by Grady Hendrix – 1/17/23 – This just sounds like solid advice that anyone could use! Seriously, this is a mystery paranormal thriller that sounds like it could go multiple different ways.
- Seven Faceless Saints by M.K. Lobb – 2/7/23 – This one is a murder mystery and a dark fantasy all in one. Also seems to be a different take on saints and disciples, so that should be fun.
- The Half-Life of Love by Brianna Bourne – 3/7/23 – This one sounded interesting to me because it’s a romance with a sci-fi sort of twist. Let’s mix up those genres!
- That Wasn’t in the Script by Sarah Ainslee – 4/4/23 – I really liked this title as well (plus the cover looks cool). Bonus is that it takes place in New York City.
- No Boy Summer by Amy Spalding – 4/18/23 – I’ve followed Amy Spalding on social media for years but never got around to reading one of her books. YA contemporary, LGBTQ rep, sounds really cute.
- Court of the Undying Seasons by A.M. Strickland – 5/16/23 – A vampire story with LGBTQ rep, getting compared to Sarah J. Maas. Yeah, this one sounds amazing.
- The Only One Left by Riley Sager – 6/20/23 – I’ve wanted to read more books by Sager ever since Lock Every Door blew me away. Why not this one?
Please leave your teasers or top tens in comments!
Categories: Teaser Tuesday, Top Ten Tuesdays
I don’t pay as much attention these days to what is new. I try to focus on what is good.
I hope you love all of these!
City of Nightmares was on my list this week too!
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2023/01/10/top-ten-tuesday-402/
Nothing is impossible… I love the sentiment of that. Good teaser.
Here’s my teaser.
This series has been really good. Aimed at a younger audience, but still a really good story.