Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Ambrosia at The Purple Booker. Here are the rules if you want to play along:
- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
- Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
This week’s teaser is from The Bitter Kingdom by Rae Carson, book #3 in the Girl of Fire and Thorns series.
“I think sometimes when we find love we pretend it away, or ignore it, or tell ourselves we’re imagining it. Because it’s the most painful kind of hope there is. It can be ripped away so easily. By indifference. By death. By . . . the need for a political marriage. Or maybe the last one is just me.”
I really like Elisa.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic is:
Top Ten (or Five) New-to-Me Authors I Discovered in 2021
I didn’t discover a ton of new authors last year – I kind of ended up doing a bunch of re-reads and sticking to stuff that was familiar. I did find a few new ones though that I very much enjoyed. Here they are, listed by the author’s name with the book I read in parentheses.
- Christie Golden (Dark Disciple) – This was one of the first Star Wars novels I had ever read (I think maybe I read one other a long time ago) and I really enjoyed it.
- Silvia Moreno-Garcia (Mexican Gothic) – I really, really, really enjoyed this one. It was delightfully spooky and weird and I definitely want to read more from her.
- Liane Moriarty (Nine Perfect Strangers) – I read this book on a whim after seeing advertisements about a TV series on Hulu. I never did watch the series, but I did read the book and thought it was really good.
- Stephanie Oakes (The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly) – I had this book on my Kindle for years and I’m glad I got around to reading it. I had never heard of Stephanie before but she is an excellent author.
- Taylor Jenkins Reid (Daisy Jones & the Six) – This was easily one of the best books I read last year. I can’t wait to read more from this author!
Please leave your teasers and top tens in comments!