Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Ambrosia at The Purple Booker. Here are the rules if you want to play along:
- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
- Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
This week’s teaser comes from The Crown of Embers by Rae Carson, book #2 in the Girl of Fire and Thorns series.
I’m suddenly aware of the silence; no creak of armor, no footsteps, no quiet chatter. Just his breath and mine, steady and even. It’s the first time I’ve been alone — truly alone — with anyone in weeks, and it feels as though we are sharing a secret.
This book has been a little slow going for me so far, but my days have been a bit off kilter this past week so I’m hoping to get back to it soon.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic is:
Top Ten 2021 Releases I Was Excited to Read But Haven’t Gotten to Yet
I am really bad at paying attention to release dates and such. There are so many books I haven’t gotten around to reading yet, but I don’t keep track of when they came out. I’ve also been bad about adding books I want to read to my GoodReads account, even if I already own them. So this list is going to be super short.
- Truth of the Divine by Lindsay Ellis – This book is the second book in the Noumena series. I was excited to get it, even preordered it, and it is still sitting on my bookshelf.
- Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid – I added this book after finishing Daisy Jones. A friend of mine has also recommended it highly so I’m excited to get around to it one day.
- The World Between Blinks by Amie Kaufman and Ryan Graudin – I added this one to my TBR after YallFest last year because it sounded really cute. It’s also Middle Grade, which I don’t read much but thought would be fun.
- Beasts and Beauty by Soman Chainani – Another book added after YallFest, I put this one on my list after listening to a panel that Soman Chainani was on. He’s a hoot, y’all! Also, this is a bunch of fairy tale retellings, and you know I like those.
- The Insiders by Mark Oshiro – Another Middle Grade book, but one that sounds so good. And you know how much I love Mark Oshiro. Again, mostly heard about this at YallFest (where I got to meet Mark, which was awesome!) but it probably would have been on my radar anyway.
And that’s it for me. Those are the only 2021 releases that I have on my list that I haven’t read – and I only had one on my GoodReads from 2021 that I had read. I need to get back to keeping up with this stuff better.
Please leave your teasers and top tens in comments!
Categories: Teaser Tuesday, Top Ten Tuesdays
I hope you enjoy all of these books whenever you might read them!
My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-2021-releases-i-was-excited-to-read-but-didnt-get-to/
I’m still interested in all of them, but not sure when I’ll get to them. Real life getting in the way.
I hope you like Beasts and Beauty!
Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.
It looks really interesting. Hoping to get to it at some point, but not sure when.
MALIBU RISING is one I also meant to get to last year. Oops!
It’s just so easy for time to get away from me. Plus I don’t always read many standalone books, so they slip through the cracks even more.
I like the sound of teaser Tuesday. I might has to join sometime.
You definitely should! It’s fun!
I hope you enjoy reading these when you get the opportunity to read them.
Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
Thanks! Now just to figure out when . . . . sigh.