Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Purple Booker. Here are the rules if you want to play along:
- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
- Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
This week’s teaser comes courtesy of my re-read of Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins.
“You were dead! Your heart stopped!” I burst out, before really considering if this is a good idea. I clap my hand over my mouth because I’m starting to make those awful choking sounds that happen when I sob.
I love this series so much! It had been a while since I read them, so I felt like it was time.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic:
Ten (or Seven) Most Recent Additions to My Bookshelf
This is pretty perfect considering that I did get some books for Christmas, plus loads of recommendations. Here we go!
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber – This was a present from my TBTB Secret Santa this year and I loved it so much! I can’t wait to read it, although with the other reading challenges I’m doing, I’m not sure when I’ll get to it.
- Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake – Another book from my TBTB Secret Santa! I really enjoyed the Anna Dressed in Blood series by this author, so I’m looking forward to this one as well.
- The Thing About Jellyfish by Ali Benjamin – This book is actually one that was on my husband’s reading list for this year. Each year I recommend twelve books to him, one for each month, in order to help him read more. This has evolved into him finding other books to put on the list, so that are new to me as well. This book was written by someone in his college alumni Facebook group, so he wanted to be supportive and read it. He says it was really good, so I can’t wait to read it!
- The Road by Cormac McCarthy – This is another one that my husband has recommended to me that he read last year. I’ve never read it, oddly enough, since I do love dystopias. My husband recommended that I read this along with a re-read of Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel, which I also plan to read this year at some point.
- Wanderers by Chuck Wendig – This has been on my TBR since it came out, but now I finally have a physical copy of it. I had an ebook copy, but this is also on my husband’s list to read for this year and he does not like ebooks at all. I’m going to ask him if he wants to do a buddy read with me on the blog when he reads it.
- The Starless Sea by Erin Morganstern – I can’t wait to get to this one!!! The Night Circus is one of my favorite books of all time and I was so excited when I saw she was finally writing another book.
- World Made By Hand by James Howard Kunstler – Another recommendation from my husband, sort of. He hasn’t read it yet, but it was on a list of popular dystopian fiction and he wanted to put it on the list (he actually gave me a choice of three and I picked this one).
That is it for this week! Hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday and please leave your teasers or top tens in comments!
Categories: Teaser Tuesday, Top Ten Tuesdays
The Road was quite the story. I hope you like it!
My TTT .
Thanks, I’m looking forward to it!
The Starless Sea is one I’m really looking forward to reading. I totally loved The Night Circus!
I know! The Night Circus was such a masterpiece, so my expectations for The Starless Sea are so high!
The Wanderers is on my list, too! I actually got the e-book version, though, because my poor weak arms can’t handle lugging around this brick without destroying it, I don’t think. I still need to get my hands on The Starless Sea, too! I’m super excited about that one.
Here’s my TTT post.
I actually have both. I preordered the ebook before it came out, but my husband bought the hardcover copy since he doesn’t like ebooks all that much. It sounds so good and I really like Chuck Wendig a lot.
Love that snippet! Also, that’s a great new collection you got there. If you haven’t read Starless Sea yet, let me tell you that book will leave you hungover for weeks!
Have a great reading week!
Do check my TTT if interested!
I can’t wait to read it!
Love the teaser! I have the trilogy, but have only read The Hunger Games so far. Will definitely have to make time to read them soon!
Here’s my teaser: http://www.wendylohr.com/2020/01/teaser-tuesday-ten-big-ones.html
Yes! You absolutely should read the other books! They are so good!
The Thing About Jellyfish is so very good. Such an underrated book. Enjoy!
My Top Ten Tuesday