Hi everyone! Sorry my posts have been a bit sporadic as of late. The holidays have been a bit rough this year which has caused me to step back from a few things, but it is never too late to start looking ahead and setting some goals, which brings me to this announcement.
For 2020, I am happy to announce that I will be taking part in the #StartOnYourShelfathon, hosted by The Quiet Pond! I absolutely love their website, and to be frank, my TBR shelf is in desperate need of clean up. Besides, this way I get to have stickers – who doesn’t love that!
Information to join in the readathon can be found here.
My goal will be to read 30 books from my shelf. According to what I have listed on GoodReads, this will cull my owned TBR down to right at 100. Yes, I know I have a problem. A lot of these are ebooks that I got for free from BookBub, but there are some hard copies there too that have just been sitting on my bookshelf for a really long time. Due to the nature of this challenge, I will be setting aside my “Complete the Series” challenge for this year, or at least until I finish the 30 books on this list. Since most of the books in this list are the beginnings of series, I am going to do my best to complete those series as I go. It’s going to be . . . a lot. But that’s what the challenge is all about!
This will also mean fewer blog tours and fewer ARC reviews for a while, but I’m okay with that. I can always jump back into those at a later date.
My TBR will be as follows:
- Wanderers by Chuck Wendig
- A Reaper at the Gates by Sabaa Tahir
- Perdido Street Station by China Mieville
- Code Name Verity by Elizabeth E. Wein
- Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
- Legend by Marie Lu
- Frozen by Melissa de la Cruz
- Unwrapped Sky by Rjurik Davidson
- Sleepers by Megg Jensen
- City of Blaze by H.O. Charles
- Silent Orchids by Morgan Wylie
- Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
- Eternal Starling by Angela Corbett
- Call of the Herald by Brian Rathbone
- Open Minds by Susan Kaye Quinn
- Faelorehn by Jenna Elizabeth Johnson
- Amethyst by Heather Bowhay
- Ghostwalker by Ben Cassidy
- Ever Shade by Alexia Purdy
- The Wrong Girl by C.J. Archer
- Death’s Hand by S.M. Reine
- Blur by Kristen Middleton
- Rae of Hope by W.J. May
- Fledgling by Natasha S. Brown
- Cupcakes, Trinkets, and Other Deadly Magic by Meghan Ciana Doidge
- Thores-Cross: A Yorkshire Ghost Story by Karen Perkins
- A Question of Will by Alex Albrinck
- The Faerie Guardian by Rachel Morgan
- Everblue by Brenda Pandos
- Altdorf by J.K. Swift
Since the theme for this challenge is all about collecting stars, They have provided us with a star map for each book that we read, as well as star “stickers” for each one as well. My star map in progress will be on my 2020 Reading Challenges page, but this is what it looks like:
- Yellow stars: For finishing an unread book as part of the readathon.
- Blue stars: For finishing a readathon goal you set for yourself.
- Red stars: For reading and finishing an unread book that ended up being a new favorite!
Honestly, this is one of the most creative reading challenges I’ve ever seen and I can’t wait to get started. Let me know if you are joining in on the fun and we can search for the stars together! 🙂