Hi everyone! As I’m gearing up in preparation for the new year, I wanted to do a few posts recapping 2019. I have been very excited watching this blog grow over the year, which was a goal I set back in January. Oddly enough, it wasn’t a specific goal, like gain a certain number of followers or write a certain number of posts. I just wanted to get back into blogging and grow this blog into more than what it had been previously. And boy oh boy, did it grow.
Seriously, how did that happen! Let’s look back, shall we?
Posting Stats (because I’m a geek like that) for 2019:
- I had 24 “Added to GoodReads” posts (for new followers, that used to be my main Monday post, listing new books I had added to my GoodReads list and linking to reviews from other bloggers).
- I’ve posted 61 book reviews.
- Of those book reviews, 23 were for blog tours.
- In addition to blog tours, I also took part in 6 cover reveals and 2 book blitzes.
- Tuesday posts: I participated in 39 Teaser Tuesdays and 25 Top Ten Tuesdays. Teasers are usually easier, which is why there are more of those. Thanks to Ambrosia at The Purple Booker and Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl for hosting these features each week!
- I participated in WWW Wednesday 41 times. I always love those posts. Shout out to Sam at Taking On A World Of Words for continuing that feature each week.
- I posted 123 Chapter-A-Long posts, which is the most of any of the features on my blog. It was originally something I tried to post every day as part of the #PotterheadReadAlong19 hosted by Noura at The Perks of Being Noura Blog, but then moved to multiple times a week and has finally changed to once per week, since those posts do take a bit more work.
- I posted 31 Weekly Wrap-Ups, which became one of my favorite posts of the week. It was always nice on the weeks where I felt like I hadn’t been that productive to look back and see just how much I had actually accomplished.
- I started a new feature this year – Nostalgic Reads! And it has been so much fun! I have posted 23 posts about Sweet Valley High and the Baby-Sitters Club. I definitely plan on keeping those going.
There were other types of miscellaneous posts as well, but these were the most common. In total, I posted 377 individual posts over 2019. Let’s compare that to 2018, when I only posted 51 posts! Or 2017 when I posted 48 times! Part of this was due to the Harry Potter posts when I was posting multiple times per day, but still! That’s a lot!
Needless to say, 2019 has been a pretty big year here for Life With No Plot. My followers have almost doubled in number, which is something I never thought would happen. I even hosted my first giveaway when I hit 500. That always seemed like such an unattainable number, and now I’m over 600. I am so unbelievably grateful for anyone who has taken the time to read any of my ramblings here. I have used this blog as my therapy more times that you know, drawing on all the positive energy that this book blogging community has to offer. It has pulled me out of some really dark times, let me tell you.
Tomorrow, I plan to recap my progress on my reading challenges for the year. Then, on January 1st, I’ll post the reading challenges for 2020. I still can’t believe that 2019 is almost over, but I have high hopes for the next year. Let’s see what 2020 brings!