Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Purple Booker. Here are the rules if you’d like to play along:
- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
- Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
This week’s teaser comes from The Memory Thief by Lauren Mansy.
When I see the letter nailed to my door, I know something is terribly wrong. The envelope is covered in fancy handwriting and sealed with a wax stamp the color of dried blood. I don’t wonder who it’s from because only the Minders use red ink — and they never send good news.
This is the first paragraph of the book, a new ARC I got from NetGalley. I’m hooked!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic:
Top Ten Favorite Snacks to Eat While Reading
This is a funny one for this week! And not a particularly good topic for me since I have been trying to eat a bit better, so I’m only going to give you five this week. I’m trying to be good, but I still have my vices!
- Tortilla chips and salsa – my go-to snack food. It’s definitely my favorite.
- Buffalo chicken dip (and chips) – so cheesy and spicy and good!
- Popcorn – butter flavored is good, white cheddar is even better.
- Chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream – yummy!
- Anything cookies & cream – whether in ice cream or just actual Oreo cookies.
That’s it for me! Please share your teasers and top tens (and recipes if you got ’em 🙂 ) in the comments!