WWW Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted by Sam at Taking On a World of Words. Three questions, three answers.
What are you currently reading?
You guys, I think I might be getting in a bit over my head. I’m reading six different books right now, and about to add a seventh one later today or tomorrow.
- Still reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling for my Chapter-A-Long. This one has been ongoing the longest.
- I’m still reading Altered by Vicki Steifel for a blog tour coming up next week.
- I’m reading The Art of Taxidermy by Sharon Kernot as a NetGalley review. This is a book of poetry, so it’s shorter than most.
- I’m reading ISAN by Mary Ting. I am on a blog tour for the second book in this series, so I gotta read the first one first.
- I’m reading Stain by A.G. Howard for the “Read a book with a dreamy cover” prompt in the Disney-A-Thon.
- Finally, I’m reading Captive by Aimee Carter, the second book in the Blackcoat Rebellion series, to work towards my “Complete the Challenge” goal for the year.
That’s . . . that’s just a lot. One of these days, I need to show you guys my process for keeping up with all this stuff. It’s, well, it’s probably ridiculous. But it works for me.
What did you recently finish?
I’ve only finished one book since last Wednesday, and that was Pharaoh’s Star by Olivia Hardy Ray. This was for a blog tour later this month, but I am also using it for the Disney-A-Thon prompt “Read a dark/mysterious book.” This definitely fit that category. That’s not a lot finished last week, but I’m not too worried. My GoodReads goal currently states that I am nine books ahead of schedule!
What do you think you’ll read next?
I will be starting Winning Westeros: How Game of Thrones Explains Modern Military Conflict either today or tomorrow. This is a bit different from what I usually read. It’s a collection of essays relating how Game of Thrones relates to modern military theory, and is collected from military commanders, strategy experts, scholars, and fantasy authors. This one is for NetGalley, so I’m looking foward to it. I will also be reading Helix by Mary Ting, the second book in the ISAN series for the blog tour. The next book on the Disney-A-Thon that I’m reading is Brave New World by Aldous Huxley, which I will start whenever I finish Stain.
So many things going on! It’s a little overwhelming, but I got this. I mostly just want to make sure all my review/tour obligations are met, with a few other things thrown in on the side.
Hope everyone is having a good reading week! Please leave your WWW in comments!
Categories: WWW Wednesday