Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Purple Booker. Here are the rules if you want to play along:
- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
- Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
She had seen no more of Rhodri after he left her in the inn with his strange brand of magic. Stranger than her own. But it wasn’t the magic that haunted her, not his horns, not even his very existence.
Instead, it was his words.
~ Stranger Rituals by Kali Rose Schmidt
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic:
So I get to choose this week! To be honest, I wasn’t sure what to go with, so I decided to just do something simple.
My Top Five Books That I Read This Year
Yes, I am only doing a top five because my count for books read so far for 2019 is only 28. Which is good for me! Not complaining about that! But for this, I didn’t want to include re-reads, and I didn’t want to include anything that got 3 stars or less in my GoodReads review. These five are a sold 5 stars from me.
- The Raven’s Tale by Cat Winter – I loved this one so much. Edgar Allan Poe is already such a mysterious character, so to see his dark muse literally come to life – so cool! You can see my review here.
- The Bone Charmer by Breeana Sheilds – One of my first blog tours and one of my favorite books from a blog tour so far. This was a really beautiful and very interesting story. You can see my review here.
- The Rage of Saints by S.A. Klopfenstein – This was my first ever blog tour, which was very exciting. It was also a whirlwind since I had to read two books instead of just one. Both were amazing, the exact kind of fantasy that I love. You can see my review here.
- Where I End and You Begin by Preston Norton – This book was just plain fun. I love books that have a lot of humor, but also touch on some serious issues in an appropriate and approachable way. You can see my review here.
- Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas – You all know I have been working my way through the Throne of Glass series. This is book #5, the last one that I’ve read so far, and whoa! Holy cliffhangers, Batman! You can see my review here.
That’s it for my picks this Tuesday! Please leave your teasers and your lists in comments – it should be fun to see what topics everyone else has picked! Happy reading!
Categories: Teaser Tuesday, Top Ten Tuesdays
I haven’t read any of these, but THE BONE CHARMER sounds good. I’ve never read Maas before, so that’s something I need to remedy. Glad these five were winners for you!
The Bone Charmer was amazing! You should definitely check it out!
This was lovely tto read