Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Purple Booker. Here are the rules if you want to play along:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Cassiel’s dagger, with which Elua made reply to the messengers of the One God; Cassiel’s Servant, touchstone of my dart-riven heart. Pondering such mysteries, I fell at last into a fretful sleep and awoke at dawn to the beginning of the endgame.
~ Kushiel’s Chosen by Jacqueline Carey
So many things are happening in this book right now!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic is:
Top Ten Books On My Spring 2019 TBR
I actually do have somewhat of a plan for Spring! This is unusual!
- Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas – This is book #6 in the Throne of Glass series, so of course I will be reading it.
- Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas – This is book #7, which will finish up this series and I can cross off my Complete the Series challenge!
- Kushiel’s Avatar by Jacqueline Carey – The last book in the Phèdre Trilogy, will knock another series off my Complete the Series list. I probably won’t finish it in the spring, although I might, but I’ll definitely start it.
- The Wrythe and the Reckoning by Yvonthia Leland – This is an ARC that I got from NetGalley that comes out in April, so I will be reading it soon.
- The Raven’s Tale by Cat Winters – Another NetGalley ARC, also coming out in April. April is going to busy, y’all!
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling – I will be moving on to book #4 in April (after hopefully finishing Prisoner of Azkaban in March if I can), and of course, continuing to Chapter-A-Long here on the blog.
- Pawn by Aimee Carter – This is the first book in the Blackcoat Rebellion trilogy and I think this will be the next series to try and complete, which will finish up the goal I set for myself (complete three series from a list of series I hadn’t finished). I read this as an ARC years ago, and it was really good.
- Captive by Aimee Carter – Book #2 in the Blackcoat Rebellion trilogy. I should probably be able to finish all three this spring. They aren’t super long and, if the next books are as good as the first, I’m sure I will devour them just as quickly.
- Queen by Aimee Carter – Book #3 in the Blackcoat Rebellion trilogy. See explanation above.
- Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson – This one has been on my TBR for a while, but I would probably try to go ahead and read it now for a few reasons: 1). it’s part of my Beat the Backlist challenge, and 2). it’s a standalone. I’ve been reading a LOT of series lately and I think I’m starting to get series fatigue.
That’s it for my teaser and top ten this week! Leave yours in comments!