Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Purple Booker. Here are the rules if you want to play along:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
The demon seized control the moment the man who wielded the collar returned. It shoved him back into that pit of memory until he was the one screaming again, until he was small and broken and fragmented.
~ Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas (Throne of Glass #4)
I was hoping to have this one finished by now, but real life has stepped in for a bit. It’s okay, I will still finish it this week.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic is:
Top Ten Characters I’d Like To Switch Places With
- Hermione Granger (The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling) – Actually, the real answer to this is ANY CHARACTER from Harry Potter (except for Harry, way too many issues). Hermione and I are practically the same person anyway, so it would work out fine.
- Mae Holland (The Circle by David Eggers) – Even though I know The Circle is kind-of-sort-of evil, I kind-of-sort-of still wish I could work there? Or maybe just have that feeling of wild, endless possibilities.
- Polgara the Sorceress (The Belgariad and The Mallorean series by David Eddings) – Going old school fantasy on this one. Polgara is beautiful, can do magic, and has a self-confidence that I will never have if I live forever. Plus she can cook.
- Phèdre nó Delaunay (Phèdre’s Trilogy by Jacqueline Carey) – Not gonna lie, Phèdre goes through absolute hell in these books (so far anyway), but she also lives a wonderful, exciting life in a beautiful country.
- Anna Oliphant (Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins) – Anna is a big time movie buff who gets to live and go to school in Paris, plus meets a beautiful boy in the process. What’s not to like?
- Ridley Duchannes (Beautiful Creatures series by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl) – While Ridley certainly has her issues, and is certainly NOT a good person, there is something to admire about her fire and attitude. She does not care what you think!
- Miranda Grey (Shadow World series by Dianne Sylvan) – This series is my favorite in the vampire genre, and Miranda is just plain awesome. She’s a musician turned vampire and gets to be soulmates with David Solomon. Swoon.
- Margo Roth Spiegleman (Paper Towns by John Green) – Margo speaks to my feelings of wanting to run away and escape sometimes. Who hasn’t wanted to just pick up and disappear at some point in their lives?
- Ginny Blackstone (13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson) – Let’s be honest, I just wish I had a wealthy relative who would send me on a scavenger hunt across Europe. And why not? It sounded like a blast.
- Franny Banks (Someday, Someday, Maybe by Lauren Graham) – Franny has her issues as well, but she is living in New York City (my favorite place in the world) and working hard to try and make her dreams come true.
Please leave your teasers and/or top tens in comments!