Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Purple Booker.
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
She was shaking from head to toe, and couldn’t stop crying, not as the full weight of missing Rowan crashed into her, the weight of these weeks alone. “How did you get here? How did you find me?” Aelin withdrew far enough to study the harsh face shadowed by his hood, the tattoo peeking out along the side of it, and the grim line of his smile.
~ Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas (Throne of Glass #4)
Getting back to this series today!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic is:
Top Ten Places Mentioned in Books That I’d Like To Visit
First off, I want to preface this by saying that no one said these places had to be actually real. Reality is overrated anyway! Which is why my #1 is . . .
- Hogwarts Castle (Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling) – Yes, of course. I wanna go to Hogwarts so bad! I got to visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando, Florida several years ago and it was awesome, but the real thing has got to be even better, right? (Don’t you dare tell me it isn’t real!)
- Terre d’Ange (Phedré’s Trilogy by Jacqueline Carey) – This is basically a fantasy version of France, but hey, it’s supposed to be a country founded by angels. Must be really pretty!
- Chicago, Illinois (Chicagoland Vampires series by Chloe Neill) – Okay, so this one is real. I’ve never been to Chicago, but I love big cities and I think this one would be fun to visit.
- Europe (13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson) – Okay, so this one is a little broad, but when I think about books about travel, this is the first one that comes to mind. Let’s be honest, I’d just like to have a relative that could send me on a scavenger hunt across Europe. Living by only my wits.
- World’s End (Sandman #51-55 by Neil Gaiman) – There are very few places in the Sandman series that I would want to find myself, but the Inn at World’s End sounds like a fascinating place.
- The Circle (The Circle by David Eggers) – Yeah, I know it’s supposed to be evil and all that, but I fully admit that I would have been taken in by the Circle. Completely. Even knowing what I know, I still kind of wish I could work there? Is that crazy?
- Alicante (The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare) – The hometown of the Shadowhunters. The city of glass. It just sounds so beautiful (before it got destroyed, of course).
- Wonderland (the version in the Splintered series by A.G. Howard) – While there have been several visions of what Wonderland looks like, I love Howard’s version so much. The madness and chaos speaks to me.
- The Shire (The Lord of the Rings series by J.R.R. Tolkien) – Of all the locations in Middle Earth, let me live in the Shire. It’s beautiful, peaceful, and let’s face it, I’d make a good hobbit. I’m short, chubby, and love to eat. Give me some hairy feet and I’m good to go!
- The Night Circus (The Night Circus by Erin Morganstern) – Wherever it is, I want to see the Night Circus. It is one of the most mysterious and magical things I have ever read about and I want to see it so bad!