Ugh, this week has not been the best for me. Personal reasons, not blog or reading reasons. My daughter is going through a fairly serious issue right now and, of course, I am worried about her, but also proud of how she is bearing up. She drives me absolutely crazy (goes with being a teenager, I guess), but she is such a good kid.
Because of all this, I missed posting a WWW Wednesday post, so I’ll go ahead and do it now as part of my wrap-up for this week.
- Still plugging away at Kushiel’s Dart by Jacqueline Carey. I’m through chapter 80 now, so making good progress (that makes 23 chapters read this week – some of them are short chapters, but still). I’m trying to make this one more of a priority, while still working on the Throne of Glass series.
- Just started Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling for the #PotterheadReadAlong19 hosted by The Perks of Being Noura. This one will be a slow read, as I really want to focus on other things, but she has a schedule for the month, which I will most likely adhere to.
- I finished Crow Flight by Susan Cunningham, and you can find my review here. This was my other NetGalley ARC, so I was really excited to finish it. A really good read.
- I also finished Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling for the #PotterheadReadAlong19. Had to rush through that one since I joined the ReadAlong late, but luckily it’s one of the shorter books in the series.
- Also finished Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas, which was really, really good. I am enjoying this series so much!
Also, as a side note, since this is the beginning of a new month, I am happy to say that last month, I completed 5 books towards my GoodReads challenge, which puts me 1 book ahead of schedule! This might not seem like a lot – many of you have read dozens by now – but for me, coming out of that awful reading slump last year, this feels major!
- I should start Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas later today or tomorrow. I’m really looking forward to that one. Can’t wait to see what happens next!
So all-in-all, a very productive reading week for me. Also managed four blog posts (including this one), which makes me happy. Also worked on my blog layout a bit, although I don’t know if I’m happy with it yet.
Wishing you all a wonderful weekend! See you on Monday!