Happy Friday everyone! Not gonna lie, this has been a rough week for me. I’m getting read to go into a very emotional time of the year for me, and all of my depression triggers are attacking full force. I’ll get through it, as always. Trying to stay focused on the positive. Like my kitties:
So how are things going at the blog? Well, I am actually quite pleased by how well this month has been going. One of my New Year’s resolutions was to try and rejuvenate my little corner of the Internet here, and I think that has gone pretty well. I’ve posted nearly every weekday this month, which is a vast improvement over posting once every three weeks or so, like I was doing. Plus, I plan to revive an old feature I used to do on Monday, so that will be something to look forward to.
I’m also glad that I seem to have made my way out of my reading slump, at least for now. Here’s what I’ve read so far in the last week:
- I got approved for another ARC from NetGalley, Crow Flight by Susan Cunningham, and so far have read the first 17 chapters. Hoping to finish that one up to review it next week.
- I finished Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas. This was technically a re-read for me, since GoodReads says I read it back in 2016 (I have no memory of this, but GoodReads doesn’t lie), but it looks like I never actually reviewed it here. I’ll get that done after the Crow Flight review.
- Since I finished Throne of Glass, I have moved on to Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas and have read the first 7 chapters.
- Made really good progress on Kushiel’s Dart by Jacqueline Carey. I’ve now read up to chapter 62 (there are 80-something chapters, I think – this book is a behemoth). Hoping to get that one finished maybe next week.
- Last but not least, because I don’t have anything else to read (hahaha), I have joined the #PotterHeadReadAlong19 over at The Perks of Being Noura. They read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone for the month of January and, since January is almost over, I figured maybe it would be a good idea to jump in February with Chamber of Secrets. Nope! Started reading Sorcerer’s Stone and have read the first 4 chapters. It’s the shortest of the books, so I should be able to finish it before the month is out. Besides, it’s been a few years since I’ve read the series, so this will be fun. And stretching an entire book over an entire month will still give me plenty of time to read other things.
So that is pretty good progress right there! I feel really good about it!
In other news, my daughter and I have also joined a gym. We went for the first time this week to exercise and it was actually pretty fun. Maybe getting some regular exercise will help with the depression bit. I sure hope so.
Have a great weekend, everyone, and I will see you again on Monday!
Categories: Weekly Wrap-Up