Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic:
Top Ten Longest Books I’ve Ever Read
At first, I wasn’t sure how to determine this, but then found a way to sort my GoodReads list by the number of pages in each book. That’s nifty! It’s also pretty funny when you look at it. See if you see a theme here.
- A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin (1177 pages)
- A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin (1125 pages)
- A Feast for Crows by George R.R. Martin (1061 pages)
- A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin (1010 pages)
- Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke (1006 pages)
- Kushiel’s Dart by Jacqueline Carey (901 pages)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling (870 pages)
- A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin (848 pages)
- Winter by Marissa Meyer (827 pages)
- The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray (819 pages)
So yeah, is it any wonder that it takes GRRM so long to write books! They’re huge! I have to say, though – it does not feel like a huge book when you read it. Those books are fast paced and a whirlwind. Keeps right on moving.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Purple Booker. Here are the rules if you want to play along:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
So here’s a really stupid thing about the world: The trick to looking cool is not caring whether you look cool. So the moment you achieve perfect coolness is simultaneously the moment that you actually, completely don’t care. I didn’t care about the gravitas of that TV show, and the freedom and security and confidence that came with that was a rush. It took me a while to realize that the feeling I was feeling was power.
~ An Absolutely Remarkable Thing by Hank Green
I can honestly say that this book is unlike anything I’ve ever read. I am enjoying it quite a bit.
Got any good teasers this week? Read any really long books? Let me know in comments!