Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic:
Top Ten Longest Books I’ve Ever Read
At first, I wasn’t sure how to determine this, but then found a way to sort my GoodReads list by the number of pages in each book. That’s nifty! It’s also pretty funny when you look at it. See if you see a theme here.
- A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin (1177 pages)
- A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin (1125 pages)
- A Feast for Crows by George R.R. Martin (1061 pages)
- A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin (1010 pages)
- Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke (1006 pages)
- Kushiel’s Dart by Jacqueline Carey (901 pages)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling (870 pages)
- A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin (848 pages)
- Winter by Marissa Meyer (827 pages)
- The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray (819 pages)
So yeah, is it any wonder that it takes GRRM so long to write books! They’re huge! I have to say, though – it does not feel like a huge book when you read it. Those books are fast paced and a whirlwind. Keeps right on moving.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Purple Booker. Here are the rules if you want to play along:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
So here’s a really stupid thing about the world: The trick to looking cool is not caring whether you look cool. So the moment you achieve perfect coolness is simultaneously the moment that you actually, completely don’t care. I didn’t care about the gravitas of that TV show, and the freedom and security and confidence that came with that was a rush. It took me a while to realize that the feeling I was feeling was power.
~ An Absolutely Remarkable Thing by Hank Green
I can honestly say that this book is unlike anything I’ve ever read. I am enjoying it quite a bit.
Got any good teasers this week? Read any really long books? Let me know in comments!
Categories: Teaser Tuesday, Top Ten Tuesdays
The Order Of The Phoenix is popular today. Rightly so!
It is both gigantic and awesome, so yep! 🙂
Harry Potter and GoT books are SO LONG! Many of them made my list, too!
I literally started laughing when I sorted my list by number of pages. It was too funny. I can’t imagine being able to write one book that long, let alone five! I don’t know how he does it!
There is definitely power in not caring what other people think. I’d read on to see what comes next. My Teaser is from The Dinner Party by Tracy Bloom.
This has been a fascinating book so far, and I know I’m not into the good part yet. 🙂
Glad you are enjoying the book I love chunksters and have read a few on your list.
They are a time commitment, but so worth it!
Crazy, but I’ve only read one of your books, book one of GofT.
You should read the rest of the series! It’s pretty amazing!
The Order of The Phoenix was on my list this week too!
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/10/09/top-ten-tuesday-180/