Happy Tuesday everyone! Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by MizB at A Daily Rhythm. Here are the rules if you want to play along:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
It took a little while after that, of course, but the whole thing had been set in motion, and I was suddenly looking at everything – the Cottages, everybody there – in a different light. I was now one of the ones leaving, and soon enough, everyone knew it. Maybe Ruth thought we’d be spending hours talking about my future; maybe she thought she’d have a big influence on whether or not I changed my mind. But I kept a certain distance from her, just as I did from Tommy. We didn’t really talk properly again at the Cottages, and before I knew it, I was saying my goodbyes.
– Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
I love this book so much. My current plan is to finish it in time to post a review on Friday. I think I’m finally clawing my way out of the reading slump that has lasted OVER A MONTH.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic:
Top Ten Books I’ve Read So Far In 2015
According to my GoodReads, I’ve read 37 books so far. This isn’t great, since my goal was to read 100 this year. Curse you, reading slump!! Here are the ones I’ve enjoyed the most.
- Ensnared by A.G. Howard – Probably my favorite book I’ve read so far. The conclusion to the Splintered trilogy was so so so good.
- The Magician King by Lev Grossman – I really didn’t like the first book in this trilogy, but the second book was really well done.
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell – I had heard so many wonderful things about this book, and it lived up to all the hype, in my opinion.
- Redshirts by John Scalzi – This book was so fun. After all the super serious books I read, this one was a breath of fresh air.
- Hyperbole and a Half by Allie Brosh – I love her webcomic, so this book collection was very enjoyable. She is really, really funny.
- Going Bovine by Libba Bray – This book is bizarre in the best way possible. It’s one of those books where you have no idea what will happen.
- Ironside by Holly Black – I wanted to finish her Modern Faerie Tales series and this was such a good finale.
- Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman – This was another re-read, but I love this book so much.
- Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake – This was the sequel to Anna Dressed in Blood, which I also loved. This was a great follow up.
- The Doorknob Society by M.J. Fletcher – Got this book for free on BookBub and it made me have to buy the rest of the books in the series.
Please leave your teasers and top tens in comments!