Can you guys believe that it’s December already! I can’t! And it’s snowing on my blog!
Now that Thanksgiving is done, I can try to get back to blogging. Boy, it’s really easy to fall out of the habit! But today is Tuesday, which means there’s a whole lot of stuff to do! Kicking it off, it’s Teaser Tuesday, hosted by the always lovely MizB at “Should Be Reading.” The rules are simple:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Bright eyes narrowed. “Do ye think Jasper might have been protecting someone?”
“Dunno.” Finley leaned her head to one side, sighing as a loud popping noise filled the room. Then she repeated with the other side. “But Jasper’s not the type to kill for no good reason.”
– The Girl in the Clockwork Collar by Kady Cross
I’ve just started this book, but it’s really good so far!
Top Ten 2014 Release I’m Dying To Read
Ugh! This topic is always so hard!
Backing up – Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by “The Broke and the Bookish.” This week’s topic: books coming out in 2014 that I can’t wait to get. Um, all of them? Seriously, I could go on all day about the books I want. I addressed this a bit on this TTT post. Here are some of the same, and a couple of new ones as well.
1. City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare – I need to know how this series ends. And then I need to wait for the next Shadow Hunter series to begin.
2. The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare, Maureen Johnson and Sarah Rees Brennan – A collection of short stories all based around one of my favorite characters from the Moral Instruments series: Magnus Bane. They’ve been issuing the short stories one at a time in e-book, but I want the compilation.
3 & 4. Wild Things and Blood Games by Chloe Neill – Books 9 and 10 in the Chicagoland Vampires series. This is such a great series, with exciting characters and an interesting take on vampires.
5. Shadowbound by Dianne Sylvan – If I’m going to mention vampires, then I have to mention the next book in my very favorite vampire series. With all the crazy cool mythology going on in this one, I have to know what the heck happens next!
6. Clariel by Garth Nix – The release date for this one was just announced recently and it’s definitely coming out next year! Yay! And the best part is that it’s a prequel, so I don’t have t re-read the other books in order to remember all the details!
7. Hollow City by Ransom Riggs – I loved Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children so much, so I can’t wait to see what happens next in this series. I hope the next book is just as creative as the first.
8. The Shadow Cabinet by Maureen Johnson – The third book in the Shades of London series. I really love this series, and really love Maureen Johnson.
9. Armada by Ernest Cline – I loved Ready Player One. It was one of the best new books I read in the past couple of years. This one comes out next year and looks like a cross between Ready Player One and Ender’s Game. Color me intrigued!
10. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins – Whenever I need to read something to make me smile and feel good, I go for Stephanie Perkins. I know she’s been working really hard on this book and I can’t wait to read it.
So there are my top ten books coming out next year that I want want want. Please leave your teasers and top tens in comments!