Hello everyone! I am back after a very nice holiday. I hope you all had a nice time with family, or at least, a nice few days off. Today’s list is exciting because there are several books that I can’t wait to get next year. Although I haven’t come up with ten of them, these are the ones coming out next year that I cannot wait to read. The release dates are according to Goodreads, so if any of them are wrong, it’s their fault, not mine. 🙂
Top Ten (or Eight) Most Anticipated Books For 2013
1. Of Shadow Born by Dianne Sylvan (release date March 2013) – This is the fourth book in her Shadow World series, which is one of the few vampire series that I absolutely adore. The third book ended on such a brutal cliffhanger! I need to know what happened right now!!!
2. The Madness Underneath by Maureen Johnson (release date February 2013) – This is the second book in her Shades of London series. The first book was excellent, a modern ghost story mystery with a little Jack the Ripper history thrown in. A very interesting read. I can’t wait to see where this goes.
3. Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare (release date March 2013) – I haven’t read much of the Infernal Devices series, but I’m a big fan of the Mortal Instruments series, as many of you know. This will be the third book of the Infernal Devices, which means I need to get back to reading those to be ready for this book to come out.
4. The Shadowhunter’s Codex by Cassandra Clare (release date November 2013) – This is a companion volume to the Mortal Instruments series, which will go into some of the back story of the Shadowhunter’s world (with some commentary by Clary Fray) and show what all the runes look like. It will be on my shelf soon.
5. Requiem by Maggie Stiefvater (release date 2013) – This will be the third book in her Books of Faerie series. I’ve read both of the first two (and reviewed them here on the blog) and they are really good. Let’s combine faeries with music and add a dash of romance. It’s a really good combination. 🙂
6. Shadows in the Silence by Courtney Allison Moulton (release date January 2013) – This will be the third book in the Angelfire series. I’ve only read the first one, but it was really good. I like the mythology in this series. I need to track down the second book so that I’ll be ready to read the third next year.
7. My Name is Rapunzel by K.C. Hilton (release date 2013) – I will admit that I know next to nothing about this book. Goodreads only has a very short synopsis, but that and the cover art has really drawn me in. I love retellings of fairy tales, and this one looks really interesting.
8. The Traitor Son by Julie Kagawa (release date September 2013) – I loved the Iron Fey series so much, I can’t wait to read this next series. It follows another character, who was way on the periphery in Iron Fey, but who was still very important. This book will be the second book in the Call of the Forgotten series, so I need to track down the first one right away.
Any books coming out next year that you’re excited about?
Oh, and since I haven’t updated this for a while, here’s my writing progress. Only four more days to go!
Writing Challenge Update:
Categories: Top Ten Tuesdays