Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Ambrosia at The Purple Booker. Here are the rules if you want to play along:
- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
- Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
This week’s teaser comes from Blood Wyne by Yasmine Galenorn, book #9 in the Overworld/Sisters of the Moon series.
The room seemed to darken, and there was a long hush as we watched the wound. I wasn’t sure what to expect, but there was a sudden hiss and the gash began to foam, a steady stream of oily white liquid pouring out mingled with the crimson of Morio’s blood. It drained steadily into the basin, the stench rising.
Yeah, Morio is not doing well right now. We’ll see if the vampire blood will help him.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic is:
Hilarious Book Titles
This one was fun to go back and research. While I don’t know if a lot of the titles on this list constitute as “hilarious” (and usually the storylines are anything but), I thought they were either funny or clever or both. So here you go:
- The Thing About Jellyfish by Ali Benjamin
- You’re Never Weird on the Internet (Almost) by Felicia Day
- Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophesies of Agnes Nutter, Witch by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett
- An Absolutely Remarkable Thing by Hank Green
- Turtles All the Way Down by John Green
- The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared by Jonas Jonasson
- Let’s Pretend This Never Happened: A Mostly True Memoir by Jenny Lawson
- Furiously Happy: A Funny Book About Horrible Things by Jenny Lawson
- Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister by Gregory Maguire
- Finding Mr. Better-Than-You by Shani Petroff
Please leave your teasers and top tens in comments!
Categories: Teaser Tuesday, Top Ten Tuesdays
The 100-Year-Old Man is a hilarious title indeed. I haven’t read the book, or any of the others on your list for that matter. That teaser is also cool. I haven’t read any of the books in that series though.
Good Omens was such a good story, too!
My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-hilarious-book-titles/
I’ve seen a few of these around today. Finding Mr. Better than You, The 100 year old man (such a great read) and You’re never weird on the internet.
Lots of funny titles today!
Good Omens is one of my favorites! 😀