Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Ambrosia at The Purple Booker. Here are the rules if you want to play along:
- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
- Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
This week’s teaser comes from The Treatment by Suzanne Young, book #2 in The Program series
I’m in a daze as Arthur Pritchard walks past me on the stairs. He doesn’t mention James again, even though he clearly heard Cas’s admission. Maybe he can see the devastation on my face. When I hear the front door close, I slowly make my way back to my room, not crying, too shocked to cry.
This series is really good so far, y’all.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic is:
My Ten Most Recent Reads
I feel like this is a bit of a throw away topic for me, since I talk about my current reads and such every Wednesday, but I also know that sometimes new folks find my blog through Top Ten Tuesday, so New Folks – this is for you!
- Dark Disciple by Christie Golden (finished 4/28/21) – A fun Star Wars novel set in the Clone Wars era. It was fun to see a female . . . well, not really protagonist. Anti-hero maybe? Anyway, Ventress was an awesome character.
- The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien (finished 4/27/21) – A fantasy classic and a re-read for me. What else can I say about this one? It’s amazing.
- The Program by Suzanne Young (finished 4/18/21) – Book #1 in The Program series, this was also a re-read for me so I could finally read the rest of the series. A pretty intense read, since it deals with teen suicide, but very good.
- The Story of Awkward by R.K. Ryals (finished 4/12/21) – This book was really cute, a more lighthearted read about how to embrace your imperfections.
- Once Upon a Curse by Yasmine Galenorn and others (finished 4/4/21) – This was a collection of fairy tale retellings with a dark twist. As such, it was a bit hit and miss, as I enjoyed some stories more than others, but over all an enjoyable read.
- The Bone Thief by Breeana Shields (finished 3/24/21) – Book #2 in The Bone Charmer duology. A very satisfying end to a great story (review here).
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas (finished 3/13/21) – The first book in the Throne of Glass series, this was another re-read for me with the Nerdist Book Club. It was fun to revisit such a great book with them (review here).
- The Bone Charmer by Breeana Shields (finished 2/9/21) – The first book in The Bone Charmer series, this was another re-read to prepare for reading the sequel. This made me want to read everything Breeana Shields ever writes, it’s so good (review here).
- Dear Evan Hansen by Val Emmich, Steven Levenson, Pasek & Paul (finished 2/9/21) – If you love the hit Broadway musical, you will also love this book. It was so cool to see how they were able to expand more of the story and characters (review here).
- Each of Us a Desert by Mark Oshiro (finished 2/3/21) – A beautiful book written by one of my favorite Internet people. I loved this one so much (review here).
Please leave your teasers or top tens in comments!