Hey everyone! Made it through another week and I will say . . . it’s been a bit of a rough one. There are some family members of mine that are really going through some hard times and it is hard to know what to do to help. Most of the time, there isn’t anything I can do, and I absolutely hate that. I’ve been trying to focus more on the things that I can do and can control in order to not feel completely helpless. And with the way this whole year has gone, just in general, feeling helpless is kind of the default.
So – focusing on the positives. Homeschooling is going pretty well, I think. The thing I’m most happy about is how well we’ve been able to stay on track. Both the kiddo and I are natural procrastinators, especially when we are stressed and/or anxious. In other news, that same kiddo is turning sixteen this weekend. That seems so hard to believe! We’ve been through a lot of ups and downs over the past several years but honestly, I’m so proud of her.
I’m also, and this is so weird for me to be able to say this, but I am so happy about my job right now! If you’ve followed my blog for a long time, you know that I have worked at some fairly toxic workplaces. I started a new job last January, which was an adjustment, and then last month, the company was sold. So I have two new bosses now and I really like how they are looking to grow the business. I was worried at first, since I also really liked working for the previous owner, but thankfully, my worries have proven groundless. That’s gotta be a first for me!
Lastly, I am very happy this week that I have managed to get quite a bit of reading done. Reading Slump, you will not defeat me! Never! So since I haven’t been able to do this for a while, here are some stats.
Reading stats for September 18 – September 24:
- I read chapters 16 through 19 of The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman. Progress has slowed down on this one since I am trying to read a bunch of other stuff right now.
- I read chapters 1 through 25 of Axiom’s End by Lindsay Ellis.
- I read chapters 1 through 31 of Legend by Marie Lu. Yes, I had already read the beginning chapters back when I was still doing the “Chapter-A-Long” posts, but it had been a while and I really wanted to get a fresh start.
- I read chapters 1 through 13 of Hallowed by Cynthia Hand.
- I read pages 1 through 191 of Lovecraft Country by Matt Ruff. This book doesn’t seem to really break into chapters. Or if they do, they are super long chapters.
So yeah, I feel really good! I should finish all of these (except for The Amber Spyglass) either this weekend or early next week. After that, I’ll mostly try to continue the series that I’m working on so I don’t add to my “Complete the Series” list.
That’s it for me. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Categories: Weekly Wrap-Up