Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Ambrosia at The Purple Booker. Here are the rules if you want to play along:
- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
- Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
This week’s teaser comes from War Girls by Tochi Onyebuchi.
Her gown shimmers in the sunlight. And this should make her a target for the beasts that roam before her, but the light bends around her to make her invisible. She can tell because the world — the blue sky and the green grass and the acacia trees that dot the landscape — all shines golden. Data beams back into her, through the kimoyo beads on her wrists and around her neck. Also outlined in gold is the herd of animals munching on grass while the morning mist hangs around them.
I’m finally getting back to this one and it’s so good!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic is:
Top Ten Books on my TBR with Colors in the Titles
This one is fun. My list-loving mind loves these simple categorizations. As always, this is the sort of topic where I am very grateful for GoodReads because otherwise this would be very difficult to figure out.
- Scarlett Fever by Maureen Johnson
- Everblue by Brenda Pandos
- All the Blue-Eyed Angels by Jen Blood
- The Blackout by Stephanie Erickson
- Blue Fall by B.B. Griffith
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
- Red Rising by Pierce Brown
- Those Rosy Hours at Mazandaran by Grace Marion Woolley
- My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga
- Girl in Hyacinth Blue by Susan Vreeland
Most of these I know nothing about since they were either recommendations from long ago or freebies that I got from BookBub. I do love all these titles though. Maybe someday I’ll actually get to read these books – the only one I currently have plans for is Scarlett Fever since it’s the sequel to Suite Scarlett that I recently finished.
Please leave your teasers and/or top tens in comments!
Categories: Teaser Tuesday, Top Ten Tuesdays
Girl in Hyacinth Blue sounds so interesting.
My TTT .
Nice list and teaser. I like the idea of bending light to appear invisible. My teaser is from Shakespeare For Squirrels by Christopher Moore https://razzberrycoloredglasses.blogspot.com/2020/08/teaser-tuesday-shakespeare-for.html
Great list! 😀 I really loved Red Rising… I must finish the series!!
I haven’t even heard of most of these! I hope you love them when and if you get to them 🙂
I haven’t read Everblue in forever! It’s so sad what happened to Brenda – she was always so sweet to me. You wrote a great list!
My Top Ten Tuesday