Hey everyone! Just a quick wrap-up post since I am running late this morning and my cat is going crazy. I’m not sure what’s up with her. She is currently walking around my desk chair and meowing at me. She does this all the time. It’s as if she is offended that I am not petting her RIGHT NOW! She also tries to jump up onto my desk, but there really isn’t enough room up here for her, so I always have to push her down.
Anyway, be sure to go over and enter the giveaway I’m hosting! Just go comment on my 1000 Posts! post to win a free book of your choice, up to $25 in value! I am ready to celebrate this with all of you since so many of you helped make this possible.
Quick reading stats for the week:
- Forever the Night by Norah Wilson and Heather Doherty – chapters 23 through the Epilogue, finishing this book.
- The Rage of Dragons by Evan Winter – chapters 7 through the Epilogue, finishing this book.
- How to Be an Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi – chapters 11 through 18, finishing this book.
- Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein – pages 153 through 332, finishing this book.
- The Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman – chapters 2 through 5.
- Born a Crime by Trevor Noah – chapters 1 through 8.
- Suite Scarlett by Maureen Johnson – chapters 1 through 12.
Now that I’ve gotten some of my reading mojo back, I’m getting a back log of reviews that need to go up. The good news is that GoodReads is now showing me only 4 books behind my goal for the year, which is awesome since it was in the double digits for a while, and that was after I reduced my goal from 75 books to 50. If I can keep at the pace I’m going right now, I may be able to go back up to the 75 goal, but we’ll see.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone! I might try to get a review up on Saturday, but I make no guarantees since I’m not sure what is going on here. Or I might just sleep. That sounds good too.
Categories: Weekly Wrap-Up