This is it, you guys! As soon as I click “Publish,” I will officially have 1000 posts on this blog!!! I never thought that this would happen!!!
What are all those posts, you might ask. Let’s take a look at some things, shall we? You know how much I enjoy stats!
- 201 book review posts
- 27 blog tours
- 6 cover reveals
- 149 Teaser Tuesdays
- 114 Top Ten Tuesdays
- 147 WWW Wednesdays
- 143 Chapter-A-Long posts, originally starting way back in 2014, the first time I tried to do this with Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. I tried again in 2017 with the script for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, but the feature didn’t really get traction until my blog revamp in 2019 when I started with Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
- 25 Nostalgic Reads (I need to get back to those)
- 39 Weekly Wrap-Ups
- 22 posts for “31 Days of Smallish Blogging” (a monthly challenge I tried to do in July 2018 – notice that I only blogged 22 times instead of 31 lol).
- 35 Added to GoodReads posts (this weekly post was retired last year because my TBR pile was just getting too big).
- 18 “Blog Every Day January” posts (again, a monthly challenge from 2017 that I clearly failed at).
- 2 Book Blitzes
- 1 Book Tag
- 6 Booking Through Thursday posts, which used to be my normal Thursday post years ago. This was a weekly bookish question hosted by Booking Through Thursday, and while I stopped doing it in 2016, it looks like that site retired in 2017.
- 10 “Heritage” posts. Heritage was an interactive story I was trying to write, sort of a choose-your-own-adventure fantasy. I would post a piece of the story and then share a poll so that readers could pick what happened next. It ended in September 2013. I might try to do this again in the future now that I have more followers – I don’t think I had very many back then.
- 16 Stacking the Shelves posts – hosted by Tynga’s Reviews, this was another weekly post that I retired in 2015, mostly for the same reasons as Added to GoodReads. The team over at Tynga’s, however, is still going strong.
- 109 “Drabble” posts – basically anything that doesn’t fit into other categories.
And there are others. At one time, I tried reviewing short stories. There was that podcast that I attempted last year. Other random posts about trips I took or websites that I enjoyed or movies that I watched.
Here are a few other numbers, just because it’s fun.
- 2011 – 5 posts (blog officially began on November 26th)
- 2012 – 97 posts
- 2013 – 183 posts
- 2014 – 83 posts
- 2015 – 63 posts
- 2016 – 25 posts
- 2017 – 48 posts
- 2018 – 51 posts
- 2019 – 378 posts (can you tell that this was the year of the reboot lol!)
- 2020 – 67 posts and counting
And now, if you’ve read through all this goofiness, here’s the big part. To celebrate and to say thank you to anyone and everyone who has followed me over the years, I would like to do a giveaway!
All you need to do to enter is to comment on this post. That’s it. I will take entries until Sunday, July 12th, at 12:00 PM. The winner will be announced on Monday, July 13th.
And what will this winner win? You will win a book of your choice in the format of your choice, up to $25 value. After you have been selected, I will contact you to work out the details.
I’ve said it before and I will say it again and again and again: thank you so much to everyone who has followed this blog and liked or commented on the posts here. This little corner of the Internet has helped me so much in so many different ways. I will always be so appreciative to anyone who takes time out of their day to read my ramblings. I love you all!