WWW Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted by Sam at Taking On a World of Words. Three questions, three answers. Let’s go!
Side note: can you believe it’s July already! I sure can’t!
What did you recently finish reading?
I think this is a first, or at least a first in a long while, but I actually finished all of the books I was currently reading last week! Huzzah! That means that I finished Embrace the Night by Norah Wilson and Heather Doherty, The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas (review hopefully coming tomorrow, although I’m going out of town so I may not have a chance to get it up until next week), The Thing About Jellyfish by Ali Benjamin, and The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman! In the past month, I have gone from being 13 books behind schedule on my GoodReads goal to ONLY 6! At this rate, I’ll get back where I need to be in no time, especially since I am reading a bunch right now. Speaking of . . .
What are you currently reading?
This is going to sound crazy, but y’all knew that about me by now, right? My goal is to be actively reading six books at one time. Here is the criteria and the current books that I am reading for it:
- One book reading along with Mark Reads archive posts (until I get up to his current read) – The Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman
- One book from my Complete the Serieschallenge (which was on hold, but I’m bringing it back) – Forever the Night by Norah Wilson and Heather Doherty
- One book from my #StartOnYourShelfathon challenge – Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
- One book from this GoodReads list of fantasy books written by Black authors – The Rage of Dragons by Evan Winter.
- One book from this blog post of anitracist educational literature – How to Be an Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi
- One book for my Chapter-A-Long project – Legend by Marie Lu
I realize that this might be slightly insane, but I feel really good about all of these books. Also, they are all excellent reads so far.
What do you think you’ll read next?
A good question. Since I’m working with several book lists, I have lots of options. First off, anything that is part of a series, I will definitely plan on reading the next book. That means I will read The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman once I finish The Subtle Knife. The Rage of Dragons is the first book in a series – the second book, The Fires of Vengeance by Evan Winter, looks to be coming out this month. The next book on my #StartOnYourShelfathon list is Unearthly by Cynthia Hand. Since I know I have a copy of that one, it will probably also come up next. For the other book lists, it will depend on if I can find copies of the books I want to read. I don’t mind purchasing copies, but I don’t have a ton of money right now either, so if my library doesn’t have it, I might have to put it on hold. We’ll see.
Feeling super productive, reading-wise at least. As I said, I am getting ready to go out of town on a short road trip with my kiddo for the holiday weekend. I don’t know for sure if I will have time to blog while I’m gone, but if not, I will be back next week.
Please leave your WWW in comments!
Categories: WWW Wednesday