Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Purple Booker. Here are the rules if you want to play along:
- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
- Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
This week’s teaser comes from A Sanctuary of Spirits by Leanne Renee Hieber.
Eve shook her head. “We have to go tonight, all of us, and it needs to be Sensitives taking the lead, because to tell you the truth, we don’t know exactly what all we’re looking for. I’ll never forgive myself if some bit of evidence, something important to one of these attendant children, vanishes. We don’t know what could have been set in motion today.”
So many things are happening right now! This is a book that I have been dragging my feet reading due to a lot of personal stuff going on, so it’s my priority at the moment.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic:
Top Ten (or Five) Most Anticipated Books Releasing in the First Half of 2020
To be honest, I don’t really look forward to new releases unless it’s something that I have requested for review, or occasionally if it’s an author that I follow closely (which there are surprisingly few). Still, here are some that I know of coming out in the first half of this year that I am looking forward to.
- The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins (May 19, 2020) – Guys, we get a new Hunger Games book this year!! And it’s a prequel!! I am so looking forward to seeing more of how this world came to be.
- A Heart So Fierce and Broken by Brigid Kemmerer (January 7, 2020) – It’s out today!!!! I just noticed that!!!! This is the sequel to A Curse So Dark and Lonely, which made the rounds last year and was a big favorite in the blogosphere. I want to read more!
- Jane Anonymous by Laurie Faria Stolarz (January 7, 2020) – Another release today, and one that I have already read for a blog tour, which my stop is tomorrow. It was an excellent book, so definitely check it out!
- What I Want You To See by Catherine Linka (February 4, 2020) – Another blog tour that I will be on next month. I don’t know that much about this one other than it’s about artists painting and the cover art is really pretty. I should start reading it soon.
- Finding Mr. Better-Than-You by Shani Petroff (January 14, 2020) – Yet another blog tour, one that snuck up on me. I really need to start reading this one! This book sounds like a bit of a lighter read for me, so I’m looking forward to diving in.
Not very many on the list this week, but these are some books that I really can’t wait to read. Please let me know any other new releases coming out that you think I should be excited for!
Yay! First Tuesday post of the new year!