Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Ambrosia at The Purple Booker. Here are the rules if you would like to play along:
- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
- Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
This week’s teaser is from A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir.
The desert beyond Serra’s orchards is quiet. The only hint of the Scholar revolution is the orange glow of fire against the limpid night sky. A cool breeze carries the smell of rain from the east, where a storm flashes over the mountains.
The calm before the storm. And there’s going to be a storm – I can feel it!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic:
Top Ten Books I’ve Read With Numbers In The Title
What an unusual topic! This took some digging, because I could not remember any specific books off the top of my head like this, except for one or two! That’s okay, thought. This is what GoodReads is for!
- Eve 2.0 by Winter Lawrence
- 18 Things by Jamie Ayres
- Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
- The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Five by Christie Rich
- I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore
- The One by Kiera Cass
- One Good Knight by Mercedes Lackey
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
- The Dust of 100 Dogs by A.S. King
All links go to the GoodReads page for that book. That was actually a lot of fun to look up. There were a few others on my list, and anything that was a series that had numbered titles I only included the first books (the Pittacus Lore books all have numbers in their titles, for example).
Also, Happy October everyone! I can’t believe that the year is going by so fast!
Please leave your teasers and top tens in comments!
Categories: Teaser Tuesday, Top Ten Tuesdays
I also had The Two Towers on my list this week.
I’ll bet a lot of people did – when you’re a fantasy fan, it’s an obvious choice. 🙂
Tolkein was the only one I’ve read. Nice list.
Thanks! This one was fun to put together. 🙂