It’s Friday! Huzzah!
Man, I need a weekend so much right now! This week has been plagued with work drama and insomnia and I could so use a nap. Alas, I don’t think they would like it if they found me curled up under my desk! As an update from last week, I have pretty much recovered from my scary almost-hit-by-a-car incident. Ankle is better. Knee is mostly healed up, although I’ll probably have a scar. I haven’t gone walking in my neighborhood again though, which is silly since lots of people do it and I’ve done it many times with no problems. I’ll get over my nerves at some point. Or I’ll skip the neighborhood and find a park with a walking trail. One or the other.
This weekend will be busy. I will be going to three different shows in three different cities! Part of being involved in the local theater community means having lots of theater friends who you really want to support by seeing their plays, but sometimes they all have stuff going on at the same time. Oh well. It will be a whirlwind, but it will be fun!
I was very excited that the first episode of my podcast went out this week! Yay! That’s fun and scary at the same time! The podcast has its own website (Life With No Plot Podcast) but I will also cross-post it here. It’s also up in iTunes and on Spotify. New episodes will be released on Sundays. As far as content goes, it will be mostly taken from stuff that I post here, with some variation or going into slightly more detail.
Speaking of scheduling things, I have made a bit of a big decision for posts here on the blog. My “Added to GoodReads” feature will be temporarily on hiatus and my “Chapter-A-Long” project will become a weekly feature posted on Mondays only. I was starting to get burned out writing two blog posts each day, even when I tried to schedule posts ahead of time. This does mean that it will take a lot longer to get through the Harry Potter books, but since I don’t have a current plan as to what will happen after that, it doesn’t bother me.
Let’s see some stats:
Reading summary for September 13th-19th:
- I read chapters 19 to 25 of Eve 2.0 by Winter Lawrence, finishing that book. It is currently on a blog tour right now, which I participated in. If you missed that post, you can check it out here. I also saw that Winter is now following me on Twitter and retweeted the link to my review, thanking me for the shout out! That was cool!
- I read chapters 8 to 21 of Shantallow by Cara Martin, which also finished that book. This is for another blog tour which I will have up next Thursday, so be sure to check that out!
- I read all of The Grace Year by Kim Liggett, basically in one day. Wow. All the amazing things people were saying about that book were so true! I’m so glad NetGalley approved me for this one! The review for this one will be up on Sunday, October 6th. I gushed quite a bit.
- I read chapters 1 to 4 of The Memory Theif by Lauren Mansy. This one is really good so far. Another NetGalley find, although I think it is also going on a blog tour soon. I’m not doing the tour, just a regular review.
- I read and posted about chapter 7 of Harry and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling. This was before I made the decision to only do the Chapter-A-Long posts on Mondays, but it turned out that that’s when I posted it and it just felt right. So Monday will be its new home.
- I read chapters 1 to 5 of A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir. I first checked it out of the library since they had it in ebook, but then I figured that I should just go ahead and buy a copy. It may take me longer to finish it and there is a waiting list for the library copy right now. I went ahead and bought book #2, A Reaper at the Gates, while I was at it. I already know that I’ll read it.
- GoodReads Challenge – I’m currently sitting at 57 books read for the year out of my original goal to read 50. So I’ve 114% completed my goal. 🙂 I was going to try and up my goal for the year, but I think I just want to ride this out and see where I end up, content in the fact that I have actually avoided a reading slump in 2019!
- Complete the Series Challenge – This is the one I’m most proud of. My goal was to complete three series off of my list (you can see the list, and all details of my reading challenges, on this page), and I have completed . . . four! I had also wanted to complete any new series that I had began this year, but there were only two of those, one of them being the An Ember in the Ashes series, which I’m working on right now (the other was from a blog tour earlier this year, the Curse Breakers series by Becca Vincenza).
- Beat the Backlist Challenge – Eh, of my challenges this year, this was the weakest link. I officially put it on hold a while ago, just because I knew there was no way I would get back to it. I had selected twenty books from my TBR to try and get through this year. So far I have read . . . two. Oh well. It was a nice idea. Maybe next year.
That’s it for me today. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Categories: Weekly Wrap-Up
Congratulations on surpassing your Goodreads goal by so much so soon!
Thanks! I definitely didn’t expect it. It just sort of happened.