This week has been so weird, you guys. So. Weird. For one thing, we Americans had a holiday yesterday, so I worked for three days, had a day off, went back to work today, and then will be off this weekend. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind a day off work . . . but it also completely throws off my schedule. My brain thinks that it’s Monday right now.
It also means that I have a break from rehearsals for Sister Act, which is nice. I love the show, but we open in two weeks and it’s starting to get really intense. Having a chance to rest is nice. Plus I get to see my family for a bit.
Speaking of shows, I am really super excited for tomorrow, because my whole family is piling into my van and going to see Dear Evan Hansen down in Greenville! I’m so excited! My husband and I were lucky enough to be able to see it on Broadway, but this time we are taking our two kiddos and my mom to see it as well. We would have tried to go somewhere a bit closer, but all the performing arts centers around here had a rush on season tickets this past season because of Hamilton, so seats to all the other shows were either limited or super expensive. It’s fine though. Greenville isn’t too far away and it’s still worth it!
Let’s move on to reading progress, which has been going pretty well, I think.
- I read chapters 35 to 37 of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling, finally finishing that book! I combined the last chapters into one big Chapter-A-Long post, just because I wanted to get through it and move on. Speaking of moving on . . .
- I read and posted chapters 1 to 4 of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling. I will probably get Chapter 5 up today sometime, depending on my schedule.
- I read chapters 1 to 9 of It’s Our Time by Diane Krauss. This is a NetGalley book and I am really enjoying it so far!
- I read chapters 1 – 20 of Lock Every Door by Riley Sager and it is so good! This is for a blog tour and I am so glad I signed up because I think this is one I may not have picked up otherwise. I love when that happens!
- I read chapters 1 to 4 of Stranger Rituals by Kali Rose Schmidt. Another blog tour book and another one that I am enjoying, although I’m a bit behind in my reading schedule right now. I’ll get caught up today hopefully.
- I read chapters 1 to 7 of Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas. I really want to pick up the pace on this one, but other shiny things keep getting in the way!
I am exhausted just looking at that. That’s a lot of things! I guess I’ve beaten the reading slump for good right now!
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
Categories: Weekly Wrap-Up
Leave a Reply