Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Purple Booker. Here are the rules if you want to play along:
- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
- Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
There were two parts of her, Nesryn supposed.
The part that was now Captain of Adarlan’s Royal Guard, who had made a vow to her king to see that the man in the wheeled chair beside her was healed—and to muster an army from the man enthroned before her. That part of Nesryn kept her head high, her shoulders back, her hands within a nonthreatening distance of the ornate sword at her hip.
Then there was the other part.
~ Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic:
Books On My Summer TBR
I’ve never really had different types of reads for different seasons, although I know some folks do it that way. That said, I do have a pretty busy summer full of reviews and blog tours coming up, so let’s take a look, shall we?
- It’s Our Time by Dianne Kraus – This is an ARC I got from NetGalley, scheduled for release next month. I should be starting it this week.
- The Art of Taxidermy by Sharon Kernot – Another one from NetGalley, this one comes out in August.
- Stranger Rituals by Kali Rose Schmidt – This one is for a blog tour next month, hosted by Xpresso.
- Pharaoh’s Star by Olivia Hardy Ray – Another blog tour, this one with RABT, scheduled for August.
- How the Light Gets In by Katy Upperman – Blog tour through Xpresso, also for August.
- Lock Every Door by Riley Sager – Another blog tour book from the Fantastic Flying Book Club (I just love their name!!) This one is in July, and I really need to get started on it!
- Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas – I am finally getting to this one! I started it over vacation, although I’m just a chapter in.
- Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas – Once I finish Tower of Dawn, this is the next and final book in the series. One more to cross off!
I’m going to leave that list at eight instead of ten because I really don’t know where I’m going after I finish the Throne of Glass series. I’ll have to see at some point, once I get through all of the above stuff.
Please share your teasers and top tens in comments!
Categories: Teaser Tuesday, Top Ten Tuesdays
Great list! I loved Tower of Dawn but I still haven’t read Kingdom of Ash because I don’t want this series to end! 😂 I really enjoyed the ToG series. Happy reading and hope you enjoy all these books!
My TTT post
I’ve heard that from a few people. I have a good friend who read the series and has been begging me to finish it because she needs someone to talk to about it! I’ve loved the series so far.
Well, I hope you continue to enjoy them! I think I’ll suck it up and pick up the last book this year…. Hopefully I can make it happen 🙂 Lol
You can do it!
Good teaser. I wonder about that other part. My Teaser is from a humorous cozy.
I have a hint of what she’s talking about, but I need more! Gotta keep reading!
I hope you have ample time to read all of these books. They sound amazing.
No guarantees unfortunately. This summer is already going to be super hectic. Only time will tell!