I can’t believe that May is practically over! This year is going by so fast, and while May has been crazy and hectic, it has also been pretty damn productive. I actually feel slightly optimistic for the first time in a while, which is insane.
Starting off, I was finally able to get back to the doctor and get back on some meds to help manage my chronic pain. I’ve been unable to go for almost a year, and from what I can tell, things are starting to work. It’s only been a week, but I have seen some improvements to my pain levels, and also my ability to sleep through the night. That right there makes all the difference in the world.
As I have mentioned in the past, I had to pull my daughter out of school and finish 8th grade homeschooling her. She is also finally on some medication that is helping her anxiety and severe depression. We finished taking our end of year exams last weekend, so homeschooling is done for this year. We are hoping she can return to public school next year so she can start high school with her friends, so keep your fingers crossed for us.
My last announcement is that I will be going back to the theater! As some of you know, over the past five years, I have discovered my love for community theater and have performed in several shows. Because of my health and my daughter’s issues, I have had to take a break from it, but this summer I will be in a local production of Sister Act! It’s a fun show, one I’ve done before, and although I won’t say since they haven’t officially posted the cast list, I have a pretty big part. I’m super excited! It’s going to be a blast!
So now, let’s talk about the blog. This month, I’ve done 37 posts. That’s pretty good! I know I took a little bit of time off around the middle, so I’m happy with that number. Those 37 posts include:
- 2 Added to GoodReads lists
- 3 Blog Tours
- 1 Cover Reveal
- 2 Book Reviews (outside of blog tours)
- 12 Chapter-A-Longs
- 1 Announcement
- 3 Nostalgic Reads
- 3 Teaser Tuesdays
- 1 Top Ten Tuesday
- 5 Wrap-Ups (including this one)
- 4 WWW Wednesdays
And I *might* have two more posts this afternoon – another Chapter of Harry Potter and a book tag post that I just saw last night. We’ll see how it goes. I love this blog so much and really appreciate all the other wonderful bloggers I get to interact with. You guys bring me such joy!
Let’s take a quick look at the reading progress for this week, shall we?
- I did really good with Chapter-A-Longs this week, y’all! I read and posted Chapters 19 to 24 in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire! And I might get to posting another one this afternoon! My goal is to finish Goblet of Fire before I leave for vacation later in June and then start Order of the Phoenix when I get back.
- I read chapters 6 through 27 of Where I End and You Begin by Preston Norton and it has been really, really good. I can’t wait to share this review with you!
- I read chapters 27 through 37 of Kushiel’s Avatar by Jacqueline Carey, and should get to more of it this weekend. I’m coming up on the end of my ARCs in preparation of being gone for vacation, so I will have more time to devote to this going forward.
Only three books, but honestly, I’m okay with that right now. It’s letting me focus a bit more and really, I need to do that to get through Kushiel’s Avatar. And then, it will be time to finish the Throne of Glass series.
Have a wonderful weekend!