Oh lordy, you guys, it’s finally Friday. I am so so so so grateful for that. This week has lasted forever and it’s been a rough one for me. Lots of strange, stressful things going on in my personal life, some good and some bad, but all just incredibly tiring. Working through it all as best I can though, which is all I can do. I would certainly appreciate any good vibes you can send my way. The next month or so is going to be very, very difficult.
Despite all this, I did manage to get quite a bit of reading done, which is nice.
- I read chapters 69 through 75 of Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas, finally finishing that book! It was really, really good and I can’t wait to jump into the next one, although that will take me a while to get to.
- I also read chapters 6 through 37 of What We Do For Love by Anne Pfeffer. also finishing that book. It looks like a lot of chapters, but most of them were pretty short. This book was a fairly quick read, but I enjoyed it! More about that next week.
- I only read chapters 11 through 13 for my Chapter-A-Long with Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling. I’m going to try and aim for at least five chapters/posts for next week.
- I read All Night Long by Kate William/Francine Pascal for my Nostalgic Reads series. I like doing those because I can down a book in one setting, something that is pretty impossible to do with most of the stuff I read. You can see that post here.
- Continued my progress on Kushiel’s Avatar by Jacqueline Carey, reading chapters 4 through 16. Not too shabby there. I am so excited to be reading that one. It’s been a while since I’ve been able to cross off anything on my “Complete the Series” list, and once I finish this one, I’ll be able to do just that.
These posts might be boring to some of you, since I post similar stuff on WWW Wednesdays, but it does help me see that I am making a lot of progress, which makes me feel better about how things are going. I love making lists and logs about things that I’m working on. Clears out the head space for new things.
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! I will hopefully be here tomorrow with a new Nostalgic Reads post – not Sweet Valley High this time! Branching out a little!
Categories: Weekly Wrap-Up
Hopefully next week is better and less stressful! Happy reading.
I’m hoping so, but what’s going on at the moment will probably last for at least a month, if not longer. A lessening of the stress would be good though. 🙂
Sorry that things have been so tough. I am sending you those positive and hopeful vibes!