A bit of a later wrap-up this week, just because my Friday has been CRAZY! My head is spinning a little and I’m still a bit sleepy – although that might have had something to do with being out late last night. One of the local community theaters that I have done shows with in the past is currently doing a production of Mamma Mia. Several friends of mine are in it, so of course, I wanted to go and support them. Plus the show is just pure fun and joy. I don’t usually go out late on a weekday, but all their performances were selling out so fast, it was the only one we could get. So I’m a bit foggy today, oh well. Totally worth it!
In slightly more serious news, my daughter, who I think I’ve mentioned before is having problems at school, has been diagnosed with ADD, inattentive type, in addition to her anxiety disorder and depression. So not only is the anxiety making it hard for her to focus, but the ADD is making it near impossible, which only increases the anxiety and the depression. Fun stuff. She is not a fan of taking any sort of medication, so we are looking into other ways to help.
But enough about serious stuff. This has been a pretty productive week here on the blog! I got my first Nostalgic Reads post up and really enjoyed discussing it in the comments. So many of us grew up with these books! I also got to take part in my very first blog tour! It’s something I’ve been wanting to do for a while now, and hopefully, I will get to do another one sometime. Plus, the books I got to review were AWESOME! I have found a new favorite fantasy author!
Reading progress for the week:
- Blasted through The Shadow Watch and The Rage of Saints by S.A. Klopfenstein. Got both books read in three days. Note to self: when applying for a blog tour, try not to ask for a second book in a series when you haven’t read the first one. Also, don’t sign up for one that has multiple books when you aren’t sure if you can get them done in time. I mean, I did, but it was a challenge.
- I’ve started slowing down on Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Only read Chapters 8-10 this week. It’s not because I don’t want to read it – I really do! This week has especially been stressful time-wise, and since I really enjoy doing the Chapter-A-Long posts for them, it takes a little bit extra. I may not be able to finish this one in March for #PotterheadReadAlong19, but I’m still going to try!
- I started The Wrythe and the Reckoning by Yvonthia Leland for NetGalley. I’ve read Chapters 1 through 2.2. Yes, chapter 2 is split up into 2.1 and 2.2 for some reason. This book is . . . odd. That’s all I’m going to say for now.
- Made slight progress with Kushiel’s Chosen by Jacqueline Carey. Read Chapters 67-70, which isn’t much, but hey – progress is still progress!
- Y’all, I didn’t read Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas at all this week! I am starting to get fuzzy on some details, so I may need to start that one over after I get through the next couple of NetGalley ARCs.
I’m going to try to get some posts up for Harry Potter over the weekend, but otherwise, I will see everyone back on Monday! Have a great weekend!