Hello, good people! Who’s glad that the weekend is upon us? This girl!
This week has been a rough one for me. Between meetings at my kiddo’s school to a very busy week at work to fibromyalgia deciding to flare up again big time, it’s been a mess. Not gonna lie, this blog is sometimes part of what keeps me sane. It gives me a reason to think positive and to keep reading and, especially, to keep interacting with so many other wonderful book bloggers out there. So thank you, you guys. Book bloggers are the best!
Speaking of reading, let’s go through what I’ve read this past week.
- I read chapters 16 to 45 of Never-Contented Things by Sarah Porter, finishing that book. It was an ARC from NetGalley, so that was important to me. I posted the review for that one yesterday, so check it out!
- I’ve read chapters 58 to 66 of Kushiel’s Chosen by Jacqueline Carey. Still working at this one, even though it is taking me a while. To be fair, I don’t read this one every day. Usually, this is my reading-before-bed book, so if I’m really tired at night, it gets skipped. But I’m still making progress!
- I started Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Mass, book #5 in the Throne of Glass series. So far I’ve read the first 12 chapters. Things are happening!
- I’ve really slowed down reading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling. Part of that is because of trying to do the Chapter-A-Long posts with it – it definitely takes longer, and if I don’t have the time, it gets missed. Managed to get through chapters 4 to 7 though. I’ll need to pick up the pace before I get to the next books – they get so much bigger after this!
- I also read my first book for my new Nostalgic Reads feature – Double Love by Francine Pascal, the first book in the Sweet Valley High series. Oh golly, you guys. I had forgotten what a trip these books are! Hit me right in the flashback feels! So I will get a post up about it sometime next week, although not sure when. I need to go back through and make notes.
I think that’s it for now. I’ll be back in a little while with a Chapter-A-Long post. Hope you all have a lovely weekend!