Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Purple Booker. Here are the rules if you want to play along:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
The ladies in waiting stopped beneath the balcony, batting their eyelashes at the guards. “I need my pipe,” the woman murmured, rubbing her temples. “I feel a headache coming on.” Celaena’s brows rose. “Regardless,” the woman continued, striding away, “I shall have to watch my back. I might even have to—”
The women screamed, the guards whirled with their crossbows pointed, and Celaena looked skyward as she retreated from the rail and into the shadows of the balcony doorway. The flowerpot had missed. This time.
~ Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
Thanks to some gentle (read: insistent) prodding, I have started reading Throne of Glass. Liking it so far, and we’ll see how the rest of it goes. The main character, Celaena, is a trip, I will say that!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic:
Most Anticipated Releases for the First Half of 2019
This is not a great topic for me. Unless it is someone that I religiously follow, I don’t keep track of new releases as much as I probably should. I did just get back onto NetGalley, so there are a couple of new releases there that I am looking towards.
These link to NetGalley:
- A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigit Kemmerer (January 2019) – This one is a contemporary retelling of Beauty and the Beast. I like new takes on classic stories, so this should be good.
- Terrestrial Magic by Marina Ermakova (January 2019) – I’ve never heard of this book or this author, but it looks like it’s about dragons reappearing in our time, so I am there.
- Never-Contented Things by Sarah Porter (March 2019) – Dark faeries! That’s it. You seriously had me at dark faeries. That’s all I need to know.
- We Are Blood And Thunder by Kesia Lupo (April 2019) – This one was everywhere on NetGalley! Says it’s good for fans of Leigh Bardugo and Laini Taylor. Sign me up!
- Wicked Saints by Emily A. Duncan (April 2019) – The cover on this is amazing. One review says this is “a snow-frosted, blood-drenched fairy tale where the monsters steal your heart and love ends up being the nightmare.” Cool!
These are from my GoodReads list:
- The Vanishing Stair by Maureen Johnson (January 2019) – I do love Maureen so much. I have met her in person, I have listened to her podcasts and watched her YouTube videos. She’s awesome.
- Stain by A.G. Howard (January 2019) – I already have this preordered and I am super excited about it. I loved her Splintered series, had mixed feelings for RoseBlood, so hopefully this one will be more like the first.
- We Hunt the Flame by Hafsah Faizal (March 2019) – I saw a review of this a while back and it sounded really good.
- Ruse by Cindy Pon (March 2019) – This is the sequel to Want, which I read last year and didn’t realize the sequel would be coming out so soon. So yay!
- Dig by A.S. King (March 2019) – I don’t know much about this book, but the description sounds interesting. Lots of family drama. I did read a book by this author a while back, The Dust of 100 Dogs, and really enjoyed it.
Leave your teasers or top tens in comments!