Can you believe we’re half way through December already?? I sure can’t!
Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by MizB at A Daily Rhythm. Here are the rules if you’d like to play along:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Outside the awning, up high on the skeletal platform where the caucus race commenced, sits one giant sphere. An inferno burns inside, licking the glass in hot oranges, yellows, and reds. At the end of the ceremony, We will walk in the midst of those flames with our groom, initiating our trial by fire. After that, We’ll be forever joined to him.
~ Ensnared by A.G. Howard
Yes, yes, I know. It’s only been a week and I’ve made it almost all the way through this trilogy again. Once I get it out of my system, I’ll get back to the other books I’m supposed to be reading right now. I promise!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is:
Top Ten Best Books I Read In 2015
I’m posting this list with a few exceptions. First off, I’m not listing any book that was a re-read for this year. These are all new books I read for the first time in 2015. Also, I am only including one book per series on this list. That cut my choices down a bit since I am trying very hard to complete series these days. Here are seven good books I discovered this year.
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell – This is ending up on a lot of my lists this year, just because it’s such a good book. It packs a solid punch to the gut, which makes you think about it long after you’ve finished reading.
- Ensnared by A.G. Howard – I know I’m sort of cheating with this one, but it did come out this year, which means that although I read the first two books previously, this one was still new. Love love love this series!
- These Broken Stars by Amie Kauffman & Meagan Spooner – This one had been on my radar for a while, just because the cover is so amazingly beautiful. Luckily, the story did not disappoint.
- The Magician King by Lev Grossman – This book saved this series for me. I hated The Magicians so much, but for some reason, I wanted to give book two a chance. I’m so glad that I did, because book two and book three are a whole different ballgame.
- The Doorknob Society by M.J. Fletcher – A book I got for free off of BookBub which lead me to read all five books in the series. This was a fun, quirky series which was very enjoyable.
- Redshirts by John Scalzi – I read a lot of heavy, serious stuff. I don’t know why I’m usually drawn to it, but I am. This book was a welcome respite to that. It’s fun and silly and just a good time.
- My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent – I loved this whole series and I’m so glad that my friend and podcast co-host Jess forced me to read the first one. They were so so good!
Please leave your teasers and top tens in comments!
Categories: Teaser Tuesday, Top Ten Tuesdays
I’ve heard a lot of positive things about The Magician King, but never even checked out the first book of the series. Maybe I’ll have to add it to my TBR for next year. Great list!
My Top Ten Tuesday Post
As I said, I absolutely hated the first book. The main character annoyed me to no end. The second and third books, though, are a completely different ballgame. So much better and so good.
I’ve had that problem with books before.
Humm not quite sure that teaser grabbed me.
Some good reads on your list.
I am so happy to see Eleanor & Park on your Top 10 list! I loved that book so freaking much. It’s actually that got me back into devouring books after such a long hiatus from reading.
That book was amazing. Now that the initial shock has worn off, I probably need to go back and read it again at some point. I was in such a frenzy towards the end to find out what happened, I’m sure I missed things.
Red Shirts is one I’m going to have to look into getting! My Top Ten of the Year.
It’s a very fun read. 🙂
I looked up the book cover for Ensnared and, between that and your teaser, I’m just not sure about it. I think it’s outside my comfort zone so, while it’s intriguing, for me it’s only a maybe. Perhaps once I got into I’d keep going. Here’s my teaser/opening: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-14R
The whole series is a bit unsettling. It’s a very dark take on Wonderland, and definitely not for everyone. I tend to like dark and twisted stuff though, so it was right up my alley. 🙂
I want to get to Eleanor and Park, she has did great as a new and upcoming author. Happy Holidays
My TT this week is from The Octopus: A Story of California by Frank Norris at http://wp.me/pZnGI-sc
Thanks for sharing!
Great description. I’m wondering how anyone manages to survive their journey through flames.
My Tuesday post features THE JOURNEY BACK – A Doublesight Story.
A.G. Howard’s descriptions are amazing throughout this whole series. Best part of the book for me.
I’ll have to give that series a try since you liked it so much. My YA teaser this week comes from The Lost Stories by John Flanagan. Happy reading!
It’s one of my all time favorites. I can’t recommend it enough.
Nice list of books. I haven’t read any of them, so will have to check a few of them out!!
Here’s a link to my Top Ten Tuesday post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/12/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-best-books-i.html
Oooh love that teaser! And great TTT too! I really need to get onto The Magician King (I didn’t hate The Magicians though!)
The Magician King and The Magician’s Land were both very good. And it wasn’t that I thought that The Magicians was a bad book – I just really really hated Quentin. He got better later in the series in my opinion.
I really can’t remember hating him… although that’s not to say I didn’t because I read it quite a long time ago! I’ll definitely have to get back to this series.
I still have to start reading the Splintered series but your teaser really made me want to move it towards the top of my TBR pile… Hopefully I can find time soon!
Happy Tuesday! Here’s my teaser of The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater.
Read it! Read it now! 🙂
Haha I will definitely try to put it on next month’s TBR!
Happy I read Eleanor & Park!