Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by MizB at A Daily Rhythm. Here are the rules if you’d like to play along:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
“We’re all hauntings waiting to happen, Shaun. The sooner you realize that, the sooner you’ll get past wondering when our normal lives will be starting up again.”
– Deadline by Mira Grant
I loved this line – it’s such a poetic sentiment in a book that is full of action and zombies and suspense.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic:
Last Ten Books That Came Into My Possession
I decided to break this into two parts: one for the physical books (or “dead tree copies” as my friend Jess calls them), and one for the ebooks that I’ve gotten. I get a lot of ebooks as a rule because of BookBub. If you haven’t checked out BookBub yet, you need to. You’ll thank me later.
First, the physical books:
- Hold Me Closer: The Tiny Cooper Story by David Levithan
- The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton
I had mentioned these two a while back. I got them while browsing through Barnes & Noble a few weeks ago.
Now, the ebooks:
- Anathema by Megg Jensen (first book in the Cloud Prophet trilogy)
- UnEnchanted by Chanda Hahn (book one in the An Unfortunate Fairy Tale series)
- Sara’s Game by Ernie Lindsey
- The Woodlands by Lauren Nicolle Taylor (book one in The Woodlands series)
- The Annihilation of Foreverland by Tony Bertauski (book one in the Foreverland series)
- All the Blue-Eyed Angels by Jen Blood (book one in the Erin Solomon Mystery series)
- Torch Song by Shelley Singer (book one in the Blackjack series)
- Branded by Keary Taylor (book one in the Fall of Angels series)
Best part about all of these – I got them all for free. Such is the magic of BookBub. 🙂
Please leave your teasers and/or top tens in comments!
Categories: Teaser Tuesday, Top Ten Tuesdays
Nice teaser. Made me pause and think about what I’m doing in my life:)
Here’s my TT – http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/07/14/teaser-tuesdays-122-below-the-water-line/
The quote is even better in the context of the story, but I can’t give away that context without HUGE spoilers.
Good teaser! I haven’t read that one yet.
It’s a really good series. I highly recommend it.
Interesting quote. I probably wouldn’t pick this one up, though. I don’t like zombie stories.
I never liked zombie stories either. I picked this one up for an online book read-a-long and I was hooked. It’s mostly not about zombies, although they certainly make a few appearances. It’s more about how the world has changed since zombies came on the scene. It’s really good.
Nice teaser and nice list of books too. My YA teaser this week comes from The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey. Happy reading!
Thanks! I can’t wait to read The Girl at Midnight. Hope you are enjoying it!
I’m a big fan of that Mira Grant series. Enjoy!
I love these books. This is my first re-read of the series, and parts are still just as shocking and make just as much of an impact as the first time around.
Great line from Deadline! It sure makes me want to read the book.
My TT this week is from the 13th Harry Bosch mystery: https://madamevauquer.wordpress.com/2015/07/14/the-overlook-by-michael-connelly/
The series is really, really good.
Well, that lays it all out!
It’s probably one of my favorite quotes of the entire series. 🙂