Greetings one and all! Guess who hasn’t been blogging? Me! Guess who is going to have that as a New Year’s Resolution? Yep, me again! Dusted things off, set up a new format with some nice wintery ambiance, and off we go!
For starters, I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas or Hanukkah or Kwanzaa or Yule or insert-chosen-winter-holiday-here. Or hey, hope you at least got a day off work. That works too! Since I got a whole bunch of lovely new books for Christmas (and a beautiful new Kindle Fire HD for my birthday, which happens to be today 🙂 ), I decided to do a “Stacking the Shelves” post, something I haven’t done in a while.
“Stacking the Shelves” is a weekly feature hosted by Tynga’s Reviews. The rules are simple – all you have to do is gush over your latest book finds, whether hardcover, paperback, ebook, graphic novel, comic book, library book. Heck, if you got a really thick magazine that you’re excited about, that would probably work too.
Here’s what I got that I am super excited about:
- The Shadowhunter’s Codex by Cassandra Clare and Joshua Lewis – a must for any Mortal Instruments/Infernal Devices fans.
- The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare, Sarah Rees Brennan & Maureen Johnson – Originally done as a series of short novella ebooks about one of my favorite characters, Magnus Bane, this is the hardcover collection of all of them.
- The Iron Trial by Cassandra Clare and Holly Black – It’s a Cassandra Clare Christmas! Not quite, but close. This is a new series that looks good. I love Holly Black as well, so looking forward to this.
- The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell by Chris Colfer – I loved Chris Colfer on Glee back when I used to watch TV and this book series looks really cute. Plus my kids want to borrow it after I’m done.
- Hyperbole and a Half by Allie Brosh – If you haven’t read this web comic, do it. Now. It is brilliant. Funny, irreverent, heartbreaking at times. Now I have a nice shiny physical copy to keep on my bookshelf.
- Let It Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle – This is a collection of three short stories by three authors who I love. Each story is different, but they’re all connected. Should be fun!
Did you get any books during this holiday season? If so, let me know in comments!
Categories: Stacking the Shelves
I just finished reading The Bane Chronicles and really enjoyed it. Obviously there were some stories I liked more than others, but still I had a great time with it. Hope you enjoy it as well, and hope you have a happy new year!
Thanks! Happy New Year to you as well! I’ve been wanting to read The Bane Chronicles for a while now, but figured I would wait until they all came out together like these. I have no idea when I’ll have time to read them, but hopefully soon. 🙂
I absolutely ADORE Cassandra Clare and Holly Black! I have The Bane Chronicles too and I’m SUPER excited to read them. :)) Mine is paperback, but I don’t mind. Hardbacks or beautiful though. OH. And I wasn’t such a fan of the Iron Trial but seriously, the twist at the end is phenomenal! My Stacking the Shelves!
Cassandra Clare does good plot twists. I’m looking forward to reading it. 🙂