Happy Tuesday everyone! Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by MizB at “Should Be Reading.” Here are the rules if you want to play along:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
“I think we’re well beyond what’s believable and what isn’t.”
“I think we circled back and kicked believable’s arse up to its elbows!”
Embrace the Night by Norah Wilson and Heather Doherty
I am so frustrated right now. I finished what I thought was the last book in this series, and guess what? THIS ISN’T THE LAST BOOK! There’s another one (which is the last book) that isn’t out yet. I can’t find any information as to when it will be out. And this last one ended on such a cliffhanger!!! AGHH!!
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by the folks over at “The Broke and the Bookish.” This week’s topic:
Top Ten Bookish Things (That Aren’t Books) That I’d Like To Own
What do I want? So many things! This morning, I came up with seven things, some more attainable than others. But hey, dream big!
1. New book shelves – My shelves are getting so cluttered. I need to reorganize some things, but I also don’t want to have to get rid of that many books. I would love to have floor-to-ceiling bookshelves in my office, along with a ladder on wheels like they have in old libraries.
2. A bookstore – I have always wanted to own a little indie bookstore, especially one as fun and funky as Quail Ridge Books in Raleigh. I love that place! This is a big pipe dream for me. Maybe it will happen? One day?
3. Tessa’s Clockwork Angel Pendant – Finally, something I could actually afford! This is a replica from Cassandra Clare’s Infernal Devices trilogy and it is beautiful. Find it for sale here.
4. TFiOS Okay Sweatshirt – I really need to re-read The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. I love that book, and what better way to show my love than to wear the sweatshirt! I love sweatshirts anyway. You can find this at DFTBA’s website.
5. Hermione Granger’s Wand – There are so many replica wands out there from the Harry Potter series, but I’ve always loved Hermione’s. It’s so pretty! Lots of places to find it.
6. Ravenclaw Quidditch shirt – One more Harry Potter thing (I swear I could make a list of just HP swag that I want). I saw this a few years ago and I adore it. I love how it looks like a regular school P.E. shirt!
7. Sting Letter Opener – Just like there are replica Harry Potter wands, there are replica swords from The Lord of the Rings. Do I have any place to put a sword? Not really. But I use letter openers all the time at work! So this one is practical! And Barnes & Noble has it!
8. District 12 Bracelet – Found this on Think Geek and LOVE IT!