Good morning and Happy Tuesday one and all! Kicking things off with Teaser Tuesday, hosted by MizB over at “Should Be Reading.” Here are the rules if you would like to play along:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
I watched a lot of YouTube videos of cute geeky girls playing ’80s cover tunes on ukuleles. Technically, this wasn’t part of my research, but I had a serious cute-geeky-girls-playing-ukuleles fetish that I can neither explain nor defend.
– Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
It’s quotes like these which show why I love this book so much. Deadly serious plot line interjected with quirky quips like this one. I’ve really been enjoying this re-read.
Next up is Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the folks over at “The Broke and the Bookish.” This topic is actually pretty easy for me, to be honest. Easy questions are nice to get once in a while. It’s the beginning of a new season (or almost), and that means it’s time to talk about the books on our To-Be-Read list. So here’s what’s currently staring at me from the stack on my desk.
Top Ten Books On My Fall TBR
1. Where She Went by Gayle Forman – I just finished If I Stay, which was a beautiful book, so per my rules from January, I need to complete the series. Fortunately, there is only one other book in this series, so completing it is easy. And, according to their website, the library branch closest to my house has a copy! Score!
2. Someday, Someday, Maybe by Lauren Graham – I am really looking forward to reading this! I adore Lauren Graham (Gilmore Girls is still one of my favorite things ever) and I’m curious to see what her writing is like. Plus, I’ve heard a lot of good things about it.
3-5. Divergent, Insurgent, and Allegiant by Veronica Roth – The next book on my stack is Divergent, which I have heard from everyone is wonderful, amazing, and the thing I MUST read. Now. Okay, then. I will. And I’ve included the next two books in the series as well (see rule above), although I don’t think Allegiant is out yet. I think it comes out next month. Am I right, Internet? I’ll get it when it comes out then.
6-8. White Cat, Red Glove, and Black Heart by Holly Black – I have a copy of White Cat, the first book in the Curse Workers series. I’ve also heard some pretty good buzz about these books too, so I’ve added the next two books to the list as well.
9. The Treachery of Beautiful Things by Ruth Frances Long – I have loved this book ever since I saw the title and the cover art. I almost don’t care how good the story is. Okay, that isn’t true. Still, I’m intrigued. It has drawn me in and convinced me to buy it, which is what a cover and a title is supposed to do.
10. Beastly by Alex Flinn – I actually got this book off a Top Ten Tuesday list, I think about retellings of fairy tales or something like that. Unfortunately I don’t remember who recommended it. I think several people did, actually. It’s a retelling of Beauty and the Beast, so that sounds promising.
Please leave your posts in comments! And don’t forget to vote on the next part of Heritage! See this post for the poll!