Happy Tuesday everybody!
Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by MizB at “Should Be Reading.” If you want to play along, the rules are simple:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
The world has transformed to flame and smoke. Burning branches crack from trees and fall in showers of sparks at my feet.
– The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
If you’ve read the book or seen the movie, you know which scene this is. And how scary it is.
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted at “The Broke and the Bookish.” This week is a fun topic, and a nice way to say thank you.
Top Ten (or Five) Things That Make Your Life
As A Reader/Book Blogger Easier
1. GoodReads – Oh my gosh, how did I ever survive without this?!?! If you love to read, you really need to be on GoodReads. You can use it to keep up with what you’re reading, and it helps you find new books based on the books you’ve already read. I have really loved using their “to-be-read” bookshelf. Every time I see something I want to read now, I don’t have to find something to write with and a slip of paper (which I will loose). I can whip out GoodReads, either on my computer or on the app on my phone, and type in the title, adding it to a list that I can take with me anywhere. You can even scan the bar code to automatically add it, if you use the app. It’s so cool!
2. Blogging – This is just in general. I could name any number of my fellow bloggers who have led me to books that I would never have otherwise picked up. Your reviews have been so much fun to read, and it has not only given me awesome recommendations, it’s also makes me want to up my game with my own blog posts.
3. Net Galley – I love these guys! Jess, my podcast co-host, signed us up to get advanced reader copies (ARC’s) of new books coming out. This is something I don’t think I would have thought about this on my own. We’ve gotten several books from them, which has also led me to books that I don’t think I would have read on my own. New books are always a treat!
4. Podcasting – It’s hard to believe that Bibliophiles Anonymous is coming up on its one year anniversary! To be honest, I never thought I would get this far with this project! Through the podcast, I’ve gotten to connect with new authors, find out about new book series, and just have an absolute blast talking about books and movies with one of my best friends. It’s been awesome.
5. My Library – It’s been a while since I’ve been to the library, since I’ve been buying a lot of books lately, but our local county library is really good. They have ten branches in our county, a really good online catalog, and a fabulous selection.
Categories: Teaser Tuesday, Top Ten Tuesdays
I can’t believe I didn’t think of NetGalley when I was making my list.
Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know
I share many of your picks this week! I love Goodreads and Amazon!
Oops! I meant Goodreads and NetGalley, I was just thinking of going on Amazon. #ChrissiFail!
I have yet to check out The Hunger Games; both bloggers and my best friend have been telling me how great the books are xD
Great TTT list! I think pretty much everyone who’s participated this week has mentioned GoodReads and blogging (myself included), lol, it’s great 🙂
My teasers for this week & my TTT
Good choices. I don’t do podcasting but it certainly sounds like a good idea for taking the blog one step further. Thanks for sharing these.
Good teaser. I saw the movie and loved it. Now the book is on my Kindle, patiently waiting for me to read it. Maybe later this week?
My teaser is from THROUGH A YELLOW WOOD.
I’m going to have to check out that podcast. I listen to a lot of podcasts about TV shows but none about books.
I love that teaser! I love the hunger games! 😀
My teaser tuesday