Now that my reading schedule has opened up a bit, I can read a few books that I’ve been meaning to tackle, but just haven’t had the time.
- Abhorsen by Garth Nix – I’ve read and loved the first two books of this series and was so glad my library had the third one. It has been renewed several times now, but I’m finally getting to it. I’m about a quarter or so through it and so far it’s really good.
- Queen of Sorcery by David Eddings – It’s so exciting that my podcast is doing an Eddings tribute this month! I’ve been wanting to re-read the entire series for a while now, but didn’t have a good reason (not with all the other stuff I have on the list).
- Blackout by Mira Grant – I can’t even begin to talk about these books. Luckily, this one hasn’t had a chance to fall off my radar like the other ones did, since I’m still reading it with Mark Reads. They read things so slow over there, so I haven’t fallen too far behind.
The next books on the stack:
- The Name of the Star and The Madness Underneath by Maureen Johnson – I was so excited to get book two in this series, but then haven’t had a chance to get to it. Of course, I have to re-read book one now in order to remind myself what all happened. Also, there is something HUGE that happens in the end of The Madness Underneath and it seems like everyone knows about it except me. This can’t go on!!
New books purchased this past week (like I need more):
- Of Shadow Born by Dianne Sylvan – The fourth book in this series, it just came out last Tuesday. And I had to get it, because I love these books so much. Of course, this means I have to re-read this series too, so it might be a while before I get to it. Plus there are all these other books on the stack, who are staring at me, as if to say, “We were here first!!!!” So we’ll see.