I spent some money on books this weekend. I couldn’t help it! I’ve been under a lot of pressure lately and buying books makes me feel better. A little retail therapy, if you will. Certainly less expensive than regular therapy, isn’t it? So here’s this week’s “Stacking the Shelves,” hosted by Tynga’s Reviews.
- All four books in the Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa: Iron King, Iron Daughter, Iron Queen, and Iron Knight. I had promised myself that I would finish this series, but got tired of waiting for my library to get the books in. I plan on reviewing the whole series once I finish it. I’m working on Iron Queen right now.
- The Amulet of Samarkand by Jonathan Stroud. I reviewed this book here and, as you can see, I really enjoyed it. I also found it at the used bookstore for ridiculously cheap. This is another series that I intend to finish at some point.
- City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare. I am also going to finish this series, if I can ever get all the books. Again, the library hasn’t been helpful. These books are always checked out. I own the first three and now I own the fourth. I wanted to get the fifth book, City of Lost Souls, but it’s not out in paperback yet. All my other books in this series are paperback editions and I want them all to match.
- Deadline by Mira Grant. I just finished Feed last week – holy cow! Reviews for that coming soon as well. Since I know that Mark Reads is going to start this one soon, I picked it up as well. Plus, I really need to know what happens!
- Rhapsody by Elizabeth Haydon. I know nothing about this book, but the Mallorean Tavern will be reading it for an upcoming book club.
Yes, you read it right. I got eight books this weekend. I feel better now. 🙂
Writing challenge update: