This week’s topic, hosted at The Broke and the Bookish, is the “Top Ten Series I Have Yet To Finish.” For the most part, I have no excuse. I’ve read at least the first book, and in most cases enjoyed it. I’ve just been a slacker when it came trying to find the other books. So here it goes:
1. The Modern Faerie Tales by Holly Black – I’ve read Tithe and enjoyed it to pieces. It was a bit more gritty than most fairy stories, which I enjoyed. Have I read the next two books? Nope.
2. The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa – The first book, The Iron King, was really good. I read it as a Book Club pick at the Mallorean Tavern. It was also very good and I had every intention to keep reading the next four books. Oh well.
3. Phedre’s Trilogy by Jacqueline Carrey – Again, I’ve read the first book, Kushiel’s Dart. I even bought the second one, Kushiel’s Chosen. It looks very nice on my bookshelf. Which is where it has stayed since I bought it. *sigh*
4. Books of Faerie by Maggie Stiefvater – I got Lament from the library, then found it and the next book, Ballad, at the used bookstore for cheap. Luckily, if I can read Ballad, I can count this as finished, since the next book doesn’t come out until sometime next year.
5. The Hex Hall Series by Rachel Hawkins – This one I do have an excuse for. I found the first book at the library, but couldn’t find the next two. Eventually I will probably buy them and read them all. The first book was a lot of fun.
6. The Five Hundred Kingdoms by Mercedes Lackey – There are probably other series by Mercedes Lackey that I’ve started an never finished, only because she’s written so many books!!! It was, once again, the Book Club pick at the Mallorean Tavern that brought me to The Fairy Godmother, the first book in this series. There are several others (at least five I think?) that I will get around to one day. I promise.
7. The Bartimaeus Series by Jonathan Stroud – Another Tavern Book Club pick! Can you tell that I get a lot of recommendations from them! I read the first book, The Amulet of Samarkand, and really enjoyed it. Now I just need to track down the others.
8. The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare – This one is not my fault! I thought I had finished it! I read the first three books of what I assumed was a trilogy. And then she put out more books. There are two more out now, and another coming out next year.
9. The Infernal Devices Series by Cassandra Clare – No excuse for this one. I read the first one, Clockwork Angel, and never got next one. Like the Maggie Stiefvater books, I only have to read one other book in order to catch up, because the third book won’t be out until next year.
10. The Deepgate Codex Series by Alan Campbell – I bought the first two books in this series, Scar Night and Iron Angel, but never read the third. To be honest, it’s been a while since I read the first two and I don’t remember much about them except they were dark and suspenseful. And that I liked them.
And here’s a bonus:
11. The Dragonriders of Pern by Anne McCaffery – This series is so massive and wonderful and, although I’ve read several of them, I am no where near done. When I have some free time (ha ha!), I intend to read through this entire series. Every single one. It will take a long time.
So there you have it. No excuses. I enjoyed the first books very much, but never got around to finishing them. I have a list, though, and I’m going to make it a priority to try and get through them all. What series have you not made it through yet?