It has been an emotional week for us here in the States. It’s been a rough few years, this past year being the worst (for the whole world really – stupid pandemic). I’m really hoping things can get better soon. I don’t talk about politics on my blog because I want my little corner of the Internet to be a appy place, but let’s just say that I am very grateful that we have a new president here and I really hope he can turn things around.
Other than that, I’ve been getting used to having a regular schedule at my job again, which has been great but also tiring. Still like my job and love my coworkers though, which makes everything easier. I am glad that it will be the weekend soon – just a few more hours.
Also going back to having a regular paycheck is awesome.
As for the blog, things have been going pretty well. It’s been nice to see so many people stopping by. I’m almost caught up with my reviews from 2020 which means I can start writing the reviews for this year. Speaking of reading, let’s look at my stats.
Reading Stats for Jan 15 – Jan 21:
- The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien, chapters 10 to 19, finishing this book. I’m not going to re-review it, but you can read my original review from 2017 here.
- Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia, chapters 10 to 27, finishing this book. I actually finished it last night and AAHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
- Golden by Melissa de la Cruz and Michael Johnston, chapters 11 to 38, finishing this book and finishing this series. Yay!
- The Rules for Breaking by Ashley Elston, chapters 6 to 14. I need to get back on this one now that I’ve finished a couple of other things.
- Each of Us a Desert by Mark Oshiro, pages 1 to 62 – his book doesn’t have traditional chapters, so I’m going by pages for this. It’s really good so far though.
- Looking for Alaska by John Green, pages 1 to 27 – another book that doesn’t really have chapters, or at least not chapters that are easy to count, so pages it is. I love this book so much and can’t wait to keep reading it.
Not too shabby! Finishing three books and starting two new ones this week while making some progress on my reading challenges for the year. Feels pretty good.
That’s it for me today. I will have another review up tomorrow, but after that I am going to try and dedicate Saturdays back to Nostalgic Reads. I miss doing those, even though they take a bit more time. I gotta get back to Sweet Valley and Stoneybrook! Have a wonderful weekend, my lovelies!
Categories: Weekly Wrap-Up