Hey everyone! Made it through another week in the craziness that has become 2020. I feel like that in and of itself is cause to celebrate sometimes.
Speaking of things to celebrate, I have some excellent blog news! Two milestones, one that I just hit and one that I will hit next week. As of today, I officially have 700 followers on this blog! That blows my mind. I never thought that very many people would want to read my ramblings, and yet here you all are and I couldn’t be more happy to have you. This blog has been a source of sanity and stability in an unstable world for me more times than I can count. Thank you so much to everyone who has taken the time to read, like, or comment on my posts. I will always be grateful to each and every one of you, as well as to this wonderful book blogging community that I am so happy to be a part of.
This next milestone will happen sometime around the middle of next week, and I need to find a good way to celebrate, but next week, I will write my 1000th post here at Life With No Plot! Can you believe it! Sure, this blog has been around, in one form or another, since 2011, but things really kicked into gear when I rebooted it back at the beginning of 2019. I’m thinking of maybe doing a giveaway or something to celebrate, so more on that next week.
For the past two days, I have been away on a small vacation with my kiddo. She’s been staying at my mother’s house for a few months now so I don’t get to spend as much time with her as I used to. Since I get a few days off for the holiday, we decided to take a quick little road trip up to the mountains to a place called Blowing Rock. If you are at all familiar with North Carolina, it is just off the Blue Ridge Parkway.
So far we’ve taken lots of pictures of the mountains. We also plan on doing some movie marathons and hiking up to some waterfalls in the area. It’s been a while since I’ve been to the mountains and it just feels so . . . freeing up here. The air feels crisper and fresh. It’s not quite as hot. This is the first trip I’ve taken since the whole COVID-19 thing started, but I have been very happy to see that most people are wearing masks and most places are requiring them. Social distancing has been easy to do and, again, everywhere we go has been encouraging it.
I need to think about planning our day for today, so before I go, here are some reading stats.
Reading Stats for Friday, June 26th to Thursday, July 2nd:
- The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman – chapters 18 to 23, finishing that book.
- The Thing About Jellyfish by Ali Benjamin – chapters 30 to 62, finishing that book.
- Embrace the Night by Norah Wilson and Heather Doherty – chapters 29 to 37, finishing that book.
- Forever the Night by Norah Wilson and Heather Doherty – chapters 1 to 22.
- Legend by Marie Lu – Day’s chapter 2
- Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein – pages 1 to 151 (it doesn’t really have traditional chapters, per se).
- How to Be and Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi – chapters 1 to 10.
- The Rage of Dragons by Evan Winter – prologue to chapter 6.
- The Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman – chapter 1 only (I meant to read more, but there’s just too much else going on!)
Have a wonderful weekend, my dears. And to my American friends, have a fun and safe 4th of July!
Categories: Weekly Wrap-Up